Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
I thought this would get faster replies here than the bf'ing thread.

Anyways ds2 is 10 months old and when he was younger had minor reflux but never required medication and seemed to clear up. Fast forward to the recent two weeks or so. I co-sleep/nurse and he has started throwing up within the 10 minutes after nursing while laying down. And not a little bit of spit up but full on throw up. It happens also if I nurse him while sitting up and then we recline and he's on my chest after he's done. Full on throw up. He's teething and has a little cold also. So warrants a call to ped for reflux?

Last edited by menthomas; 02-03-2013 at 10:26 AM.
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
My Mood:
Re: Sound like reflux?

Could be with teething that he is getting mucus in his tummy too which may make him gag a bit. Could just be the full tummy triggers some nausea once he lays back and all the mucus settles too. You know how milk and mucus can make you feel icky, would make sense for baby to feel the same way. They get real juicey when teething. My son was having a few pukey moments a few weeks ago when he got four new teeth. He had a ton of mucus/saliva that he was swallowing.

If you are seeing some arching, belly gas, pain, changes in nursing behavior as well, then I say a quick pedi visit could not hurt. You could always give the meds and see if it helps. Most of what I heard from my experience with 2 reflux babies is that the meds make them not in pain but do not stop the puking/spitting up.

ETA - he could be eating so fast with the spit/drool/mucus that he is getting a gas pocket and needs to be burped like a newbie before lying down. I have done this as an adult and get reflux from it.

Last edited by l_Kimmie_l; 02-03-2013 at 02:49 PM.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote