Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #21
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: cannibus (pot) for morning sickness

I would be too terrified of having my baby taken away or being put in jail to ever use an illegal drug.

I'd also have NO IDEA where to get it. I don't know anyone who does it, and it's not like I can just ask random people in Wal-Mart, ya know? LOL.

But I do agree it would be better to use a natural remedy rather than a chemical/man-made drug.

Guess I should add, I don't even really take OTC meds that are "okay" during pregnancy unless I am just completely miserable with NO other options.

I broke a rib when I was 36 wks pregnant and only took one or two doses of the pain meds I was prescribed. Not b/c it didn't hurt, but b/c I just really dislike putting artificial stuff in my body - ESP when pregnant.

Advertisement

Last edited by Kiliki; 02-03-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #22
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
People lace pot all the time back in my hometown, I don't know why you think it's a myth.

I view pot, legalities aside, as any other drug, and wouldn't do it while pregnant. What I do to my own body is my business, but when it involves someone else...
With what?
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #23
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
I would be too terrified of having my baby taken away or being put in jail to ever use an illegal drug.

I'd also have NO IDEA where to get it. I don't know anyone who does it, and it's not like I can just ask random people in Wal-Mart, ya know? LOL.
I agree with this.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #24
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I live in a state where medical use is legal. I know someone that did use it while pregnant. (Not for nausea but for pain). Her child didn't have any side effects.

I also know of an acquaintance that used (She claimed she was not using but got it 2nd hand in the weeks before the birth but I know she used prior to getting pregnant) and when she tested positive, her child was removed from her custody for 6 months.

I don't think most people have morning sickness that is bad enough to need intervention (use of medication/herbal drugs). Unless someone is losing weight or getting dehydrated, I think it is best to just suffer through it naturally.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #25
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm not the one lacing it so I don't know, but it does happen. It's competitive, who has the best pot, and they add garbage so the high is stronger and they keep their client list. I dated a middleman for several years when I was younger. I don't smoke though, never have
Old 02-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #26
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
This is much of my issue with pot today. Many people like to think of it as pure and natural but most of it is laced with other things.
what wouldst someone lace pot with and why? Totally a dare scare tactic as someone else said. It just makes me sad that its been demonized. I honestly would the people that think its so bad to give one reason why that actually makes sense. I hate when people just say bc its bad why is it bad bc you don't like it? Then you should just say I don't like pot or I've never tried it. Don't claim that it can hurt your baby if there isn't any evidence that is not tri
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #27
MyLovely
Registered Users

I don't smoke because I don't like how I feel, but if I had HG or morning sickness bad enough to consider Zofran, I would get some edibles (to avoid any smoke inhalation). Lesser of two evils, by far.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #28
Mommieof2
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
I'm not the one lacing it so I don't know, but it does happen. It's competitive, who has the best pot, and they add garbage so the high is stronger and they keep their client list. I dated a middleman for several years when I was younger. I don't smoke though, never have
Ok so i'm not a pot smoker but I have nothing against it either.
I do want to comment on your post though.
Lacing pot has nothing to do with having the best post, in fact most smokers won't go near laced stuff. It's all about the grain of pot that's grown.
Mommieof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #29
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
Also, I realize that not taking something isn't an option for some women, especially those suffering with HG.
Thank you! I get really down on myself sometimes about having to take so many meds, especially when I see posts about people who would never dream of taking anything while pregnant. Unfortunately my options are take nothing and starve to death, or take a whole ton of pills and manage to barely muddle through.

I super briefly considered it this time when I was still losing weight at 14+ weeks, but it wasn't something I seriously considered. I think it can be a decent treatment for severe morning sickness though. I'm not a huge fan, but can it be that much worse than the crazy cocktails some of us end up having to take?

Last edited by MommaLEB; 02-03-2013 at 07:53 PM.
MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #30
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommieof2 View Post
Ok so i'm not a pot smoker but I have nothing against it either.
I do want to comment on your post though.
Lacing pot has nothing to do with having the best post, in fact most smokers won't go near laced stuff. It's all about the grain of pot that's grown.
Or it's all about getting the most for the cheapest.
This could very well be a different economic circles thing