Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Recs for a BW virgin

I have tried to wear all my children and it has never worked well. I have an Ergo and had a Kangaroo Karrier (I think? I sold it five years ago). My kids can't stand the ergo. They hate being turned in so close, even as newborns. My back KILLS me when I wear my babies. I think it must just be a bad fit. I had a BWing friend show me how to use the ergo before she moved away, but it just doesn't work for us. My youngest is 14 months old and wants to be held a lot, but ony on my hip. Suggestions for something EASY to use that way that won't destroy my back?

Advertisement

Melinda29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
starbeam
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Recs for a BW virgin

DEFINITELY get a ring sling! i would go for a nice, wrap conversion one...spendier, but so much more supportive that it's worth it! check out sleepingbaby.net ....all the info on ring slings, how to wear them, and different carries you'd ever need! then, come back here and find a nice one on FSOT that is a wrap conversion that you love
Old 02-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ditto to the ring sling! They are the best.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
sweetDD
Registered Users

My Mood:

Maybe there is a lending library in your place. Trying out a carrier first before actually buying one might be great.
sweetDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #5
Delphiki
Registered Users
seller

The Ergo always killed my back too. I recently won a babyhawk off ebay for $33 shipped and it is heaven. I don't even feel the 3 foot tall 27lb toddler on the front or back. I'd say try one of those.
Delphiki is offline   Reply With Quote