Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #11
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
LOL!!!! I am always getting fussed by my DH cause he's still in 1st baby mode ......even though we are in our 7th crawler.

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #12
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how your thinking changes by the fourth kid....true, yes?

my thinking has definitely changed with my fourth child. I have a neighbor with her first child and she says things like "oh, my baby has never been sick. he's so healthy." we are just sick here basically the entire winter and it doesn't bother me unless it's something serious like a bad flu. it's funny how different you can see things.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #13
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hahaha my first we stayed home until she was 2 months old(preemie) with my 4th we stopped by chickfila to let the kids play on the way home from the hospital at 22 hours old
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #14
SarasynFox
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
hahaha my first we stayed home until she was 2 months old(preemie) with my 4th we stopped by chickfila to let the kids play on the way home from the hospital at 22 hours old
That exactly! Okay, not quite. I was hiding in the house for the first two months with my first, but I've never been out of the hospital quick enough to have a 22 hour old baby. However, I did file the military paperwork to get my baby into DFAS's system for his military insurance and all that when he was only 26 hours old. Everyone thought I'd lost my mind, especially since it was snowing! He was my second.

The cheerio thing is too funny too! I totally feel the same way. My toddler feeds the baby things like tortillas on the floor. The kids practically make it into a trail for him so he'll follow them to go play! Then there's the running joke about him looking for the couch cheeto. He likes to try and dig in the couch for interesting things. Haven't seen him come up with food yet though. With my first I would have totally freaked over her even trying!
SarasynFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:40 AM   #15
Nanner99
Registered Users
seller

I saw something that said something like "When the 1st kid eats dirt, you call the doctor. When the 2nd kid eats dirt, you wash him off. When the 3rd kid eats dirt, you think 'oh good now I don't have to feed him lunch'".

I would add "When the 4th kid eats dirt, you don't notice because you are too busy with the other 3".
Old 02-06-2013, 06:50 AM   #16
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ6Mommy
Yeah with myb 6th im just like "now I dont have to bring out the vacume those fruit loops been bugging me under the couch".
I call ydd (our 3rd) the Cheerios hunter and I always think the same thing. Less vacuuming.

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers

Last edited by Fashionably Green Baby; 02-06-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #17
essential1892
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph410 View Post
my thinking has definitely changed with my fourth child. I have a neighbor with her first child and she says things like "oh, my baby has never been sick. he's so healthy." we are just sick here basically the entire winter and it doesn't bother me unless it's something serious like a bad flu. it's funny how different you can see things.
Well it's easy for a baby to never be sick when she does't have older siblings germing her up.

I swear my third is sick all of the time- she has probably had almost every strain of the common cold there is
Old 02-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #18
geez0pete
Registered Users
Formerly: sm***ff

My Mood:

So funny! And to go a step further, when ODD ate her first cheerio, she choked pretty badly, so for months after that, I quartered them. Poor girl could hardly pick them up. She certainly didn't choke after that, lol.

geez0pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:40 AM   #19
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was pretty laid back even with my frst, but I still am more relaxed about certain things now that we are on #4.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DS Forum
Old 02-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #20
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

HA, I remember when #5 was born everyone at the hospital thought DH was amazing--such a change from #1 where he didn't even HOLD HER for 3 days because he didn't want to hurt her. Where he did not diaper he for the first 2 weeks of her life LOL
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote