Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #11
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big Mama's February Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Yeah, I had to fight them for a good year to even test me originally, and then they just tested my TSH, which was normal, but when we moved to a different base, they tested for TSH, T4, and T3, and my TSH was still normal, but not the others. I didn't realize until then that they hadn't tested more completely in Alaska. So, I've been dealing with a screwed up thyroid for a few years, but getting by. Not losing any weight, but I'm surviving, and we don't have the finances to just go off on my own. I just recently found out a couple of my military friends here are seeing someone off base, so I'm looking into it. Unfortunately, there are rumors that our insurance is changing in April.
How frustrating!!! I hope you can find someone who will pay attention!

Advertisement

3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #12
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

I hadn't heard about going gluten free to help. My oldest has a wheat sensitivity, and I have toyed with the idea of going gluten free. Right now we use a lot of spelt, which is technically a type of wheat, but the naturopath said it would be okay for her because it hasn't been messed with like regular wheat. I know DH wouldn't go for gluten free, so I would be cooking twice. I'm not sure I'm up for that.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #13
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Your name: Stephanie
Starting Weight: 211.5
Current Weight: 185 (down 3 from last week!!)
Short-Term Goal: 180 by 3/7/12 and then 170 before TTC #3
Long-Term Goal: around 150/160 but won't be attempted until after next baby is born
Weight Lost to Date: 26.5
Weight Loss Plan: Weight watchers

This week was good! Down 3lbs today. I wouldn't say I super stayed on track but the last few weeks have only been a pound loss so I think it might be a cumulative loss. Either way it feels good and is a big motivator for me to stay on track!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #14
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
I hadn't heard about going gluten free to help. My oldest has a wheat sensitivity, and I have toyed with the idea of going gluten free. Right now we use a lot of spelt, which is technically a type of wheat, but the naturopath said it would be okay for her because it hasn't been messed with like regular wheat. I know DH wouldn't go for gluten free, so I would be cooking twice. I'm not sure I'm up for that.
I hear ya. I just went GF last December. I did really well at first but then started eating wheat here and there in January because I just found out I was pregnant and was tired and ill so I just ate what was easy. I'm re-committing myself to be totally GF this month, I even went out and bought GF flours so I could make myself muffins so I am not tempted by the wheat variety. I am the only one that is 100% GF in my family. What I do is try to make sure the stuff we eat as a family is GF (like dinner, I use all GF sauces and service rice as a side). But I still make regular pancakes for the kids, we still have wheat toast in the house for DH, and the kids still have stuff like graham crackers as snacks. I just don't eat those things in general so I am pretty good about staying away. I eat differently from the kids for breakfast and lunch anyway so it is easy to keep those meals GF for me but not for them.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #15
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Your name Laurel
Starting Weight 185 (195 the month before I "officially" started)
Current Weight 155
Short-Term Goal 155 (into the healthy BMI!!!) by October1--MET!-- Long-Term Goal 135lbs or 50 lbs lost
New Short Term Goal- Maintain weight and not gain over Christmas
Weight Lost to Date 30lbs
Weight Loss Plan Eat to keep blood sugar under control, track food using Myfitnesspal, add in exercise again.

And another month of starting at 155. Hoping I can end lighter. really hoping I'll get the lb I got off last month off again soon.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #16
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse View Post
I hear ya. I just went GF last December. I did really well at first but then started eating wheat here and there in January because I just found out I was pregnant and was tired and ill so I just ate what was easy. I'm re-committing myself to be totally GF this month, I even went out and bought GF flours so I could make myself muffins so I am not tempted by the wheat variety. I am the only one that is 100% GF in my family. What I do is try to make sure the stuff we eat as a family is GF (like dinner, I use all GF sauces and service rice as a side). But I still make regular pancakes for the kids, we still have wheat toast in the house for DH, and the kids still have stuff like graham crackers as snacks. I just don't eat those things in general so I am pretty good about staying away. I eat differently from the kids for breakfast and lunch anyway so it is easy to keep those meals GF for me but not for them.
Dinner is actually the easiest for me to do gluten free. Well, wheat free, at least. We already use gluten free noodles and eat a lot of potatoes. The only sauces I can think of that might have gluten would be the brown gravy mix and possibly the sloppy joe mix, but I could easily do those gluten free. My issue is more the breakfast and lunch and snacks.

Well, I did Just Dance this morning, and I am planning on going up to the church for the walking thing tonight, but I feel like I want to do more, so I'm going to do something else, I just don't know what yet.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #17
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

See, we just eat differently for breakfast. We all eat one dinner. Lunch is left overs. Breakfast for ds and I is whatever, and dh just doesn't eat gluten there. So he may have fruit, or yogurt, or GF waffles from the freezer, and ds and I eat whatever. When I make baked oatmeal or crepes or something I make it with GF ingrdients and you honestly can't tell a difference. I dont' eat the GF bread, dh does.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #18
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Dh and I haven't gone gluten free but I tell you, since we cut out eating so much bread we all feel better! I found out what I thought was a problem with dairy was actually my gut reacting to wheat.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #19
Chasing Zen
Registered Users
Formerly: ccsmom11
seller

My Mood:

Your name: Jeanie
Starting Weight: 240
Current Weight: 235
Short-Term Goal: 200 by 05/01/13
Long-Term Goal: around 150
Weight Lost to Date: 5
Weight Loss Plan: Walking and eating clean.

Last edited by Chasing Zen; 02-05-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Chasing Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #20
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lol, duh, it's a new month, why wonder there was no updates on the old thread today...

Re, the wheat causing a sensitivity to dairy. That is TOTALLY me! I have been "lactose intolerant" since I was about 12, but since cutting out wheat/gluten in December, I've been reacting less and less to dairy!! It's amazing not being sick all the time too.

Your name: Virginia
Starting Weight: 222lbs
Current Weight: 166.6lbs
Short-Term Goal (ie. "X" by valentines/March) To be under my driver's license weight (165...so stinkin' close!)
Long-Term Goal: 130-140, whatever is lean and fit for me.
Weight Lost to Date: 55.4lbs
Weight Loss Plan: Tracking calories on MFP, exercise, and eating healthy.