Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #11
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterisntsomething
I am so scared DS has the same problem. His top teeth (oddly not the bottom two) are looking really brown and like they are starting to decay. Until recently I didn't brush them as well as I should have. I just want to cry every time I look at them. I don't want my baby to have rotten teeth!
I would suggest you take him to a ped dentist.
You don't want it to get to the point where they have to pull them or worse that the decay makes its way up into his adult tooth above.
That's what I'm balancing right now. I don't want to wait so long that they have to possibly pull any of her teeth ( that would devastate me.) their teeth can shift and cause all kinds of problems.

Don't want to take my babe any sooner than necessary. I want her to be as old as possible before having a general.

Advertisement

mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #12
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy24babes

I would suggest you take him to a ped dentist.
You don't want it to get to the point where they have to pull them or worse that the decay makes its way up into his adult tooth above.
That's what I'm balancing right now. I don't want to wait so long that they have to possibly pull any of her teeth ( that would devastate me.) their teeth can shift and cause all kinds of problems.

Don't want to take my babe any sooner than necessary. I want her to be as old as possible before having a general.
Yeah after reading this thread I started looking up ped dentists in the area. I'm going to start calling around tomorrow.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #13
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My poor baby! Dreading the trauma and judgement.

((hugs)) to you sweet mama! i hate it when any type of medical establishment treats us mamas like trash
lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #14
tuxgirl
Registered Users

No tooth problems here, but I just wanted to say I understand the issues with the anesthesia. My daughter had a giant birthmark covering a third of her face, and bright bright red. It was still growing, so she was on high dose steroids from 1 month until 15 months. During that time, she also went under anesthesia 6 times for laser treatments to treat the birthmark and help it go away. It was so hard for me to see her go through that. But, when she was little, I heard innocent comments made by 4 and 5 year olds who didn't understand the birthmark, and some little children were even scared of her because of the birthmark, so I knew I needed to have it at least mostly gone before she was old enough to know or care about it, and certainly before she could recognize the reactions to it. Also, it was over an eyelid, and the doctors were concerned about it possibly causing long-term damage to the eye...

It's hard to do these things, but we have to do what we have to do for them as mothers. And, remember that they probably won't remember any of it down the road.
tuxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #15
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy24babes View Post
My DD 2 is 13 mos and her teeth are deteriorating before my eyes.

I feel so helpless. When her teeth erupted at 8 mos they had visable brown spots. Now they are mottled decalcified white and off white.

I took her to the ped dentist at the first sign of decay hoping for some advice
They just told me to keep brushing.
My DS2 had this happen too. He had all 4 front top teeth pulled before he turned 2. They were decayed due to antibiotic treatment given at birth. It happens. Just make sure your LO is comfortable till they come out. We gave ibuprofin for our LO.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #16
lavender dragonfly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am dental hygienist mama and first thing...

My number 1 advice to you: get your beautiful baby to a pediatric dentist. Ever if its hours away

I have so many patients with dental anxiety that stems from bad memories from a non caring dentist--- sadly there are some out there. Having a positive memory from the worst possible dental situation is what your baby needs, and you will find that from a pediatric dentist. Look for a pedodontist with great google reviews and schedule a consult apt with them. Start off by explaining your family dental history, that will help them focus on that vs thinking baby bottle tooth decay right off the bat.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me. Once you get her treatment completed I would strongly suggest bringing her in to the pedodontist every 3-4 months for cleanings--- the sooner we catch tooth damage the easier it is to fix. Please know on her case it is probably going to be a constant maintance.

Defiantly consider sealants on all her premolars/molars and lingual of upper ant teeth--- the sealants will hopefully postpone damage to the occusal surfaces.

Last edited by lavender dragonfly; 02-15-2013 at 12:36 PM.
lavender dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote