Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 05:51 AM   #11
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chipped teeth

My son chipped 2 teeth when he was a bit over 2 I think. His teeth are fine and the dentist says that his teeth are all normal besides that. He is 4 now and no change in color or anything. He just had x-rays and everything is still normal.

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #12
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbstanley3 View Post
My son and now youngest DD have chipped front teeth at about 1 year old. My son had to have crowns put on both his two front teeth at 2 years old because it was affecting his speech. My DD's is right beside of her two front teeth, and this weekend more of it broke off down to almost the gum. =( We have a consultation today so I'll let you know what they say but I fear they're going to want to crown it, and that was traumatic (they didn't put DS under or anything, he was 2 and I don't think I'll ever forget the look of sheer terror on his face). We brush often and floss from the time they get their first teeth but I have crappy teeth myself so I think they got my genetics. None of my kids really like juice, so they rarely drink it. My middle DD's teeth are fine.
Ugh. I don't know if I can put her through that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewind_Selector View Post
My 6 yr old has 2 chipped teeth in front. It happened when he was about 18 months. The dentist said then and still now that as long as they don't change color drastically fast to let them fall out on their own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
My son chipped 2 teeth when he was a bit over 2 I think. His teeth are fine and the dentist says that his teeth are all normal besides that. He is 4 now and no change in color or anything. He just had x-rays and everything is still normal.
Thanks ladies!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #13
kbstanley3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry, Mama, I wasn't trying to scare you. Your DD's may be fine, it probably just depends on how bad they are chipped/how bad the cavity in the one is. The dentist referred me to a pediatric dentist, she said it was chipped bad enough that they would likely put her under and surgically remove it, but I won't know for sure until we go. She also said that her nighttime teeth grinding is probably what made it so bad, but that teeth grinding was actually not uncommon at her age. She grinds hers loud enough that it wakes me up occasionally. =( But my DS used to grind his teeth nightly too and now very rarely does. If your LO is not a teeth grinder, it may be fine as well. Honestly, I don't want her to be put under but it would probably be a lot less traumatic that way. It was awful with my DS being awake. I will be thinking of you and your kiddo!

Last edited by kbstanley3; 02-06-2013 at 09:16 AM.
kbstanley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #14
kbstanley3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

And also, when both my kiddos chipped their teeth, they changed color. If your DD's doesn't/hasn't, then I would be hopeful!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #15
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

No chipped teeth here, but my son had to have dental work done a few months before two. My daughter's teeth are great, like my husband's, but my son has my weak teeth. they drilled to put on a crown, drilled and drilled. And the crowns were too big to fit. After all that, they pulled it. It was hell. Now anytime we have a dentist appt., I hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
And they always want to ask questions about his habits and snack foods. It's easier if you are strong and firm about things, too. Don't let them bully you or make you feel bad.

Last edited by Dory; 02-06-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Dory is offline   Reply With Quote