Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #31
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:
Re: What was your first reaction when you got your positive pregnacy test?

This last one... Um what the heck? Thats not right, this ones broken. Lets take another! And I proceeded to pee on all the sticks until I had no more and realized I must really be pregnant. Then everything turned to utter panic and fear for the first tri but we got through it.

Advertisement

Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #32
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

#1 We weren't trying but weren't really preventing either. DH had just proposed to me on Christmas, and we got a BFP the beginning of February...I was really late but at that time I never tracked anything. I FREAKED OUT because I didn't know how DH would react.

#2 We hadn't exactly talked about trying but DH stopped preventing and the 2nd month of trying, I got pregnant. I didn't even know, we were at a doctor because I had to get some antibiotics and told them I wasn't sure if I was pregnant or not, they tested, I was pregnant. I walked outside and handed DH the test and said, you ready to be a Dad again?

#3 Pretty much happened the same as #2, we didn't confirm that we were going to start trying, but DH stopped preventing, and low and behold BFP 2 days before my period was due. DH's parents were actually at our house visiting when I tested. I took the test, and then took another test, and then bought pink dye tests and took those. I handed them to DH and said, I guess #3 is on the way. We didn't tell his parents until like a week later, but his mother KNEW that I was pregnant before I knew.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #33
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Love all the different reactions.

I *knew* I was pregnant all three times, the test was just to prove it. But, still, as soon as it showed positive I started shaking uncontrollably each time, and stayed that way for at least an hour. With my first it was mid-afternoon and DH knew I was testing, with the second two I had the urge to POAS in the middle of the night so I had to jump in bed with DH to wake him up and tell him.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #34
Pikemommy
Registered Users
seller

#1- I panicked. We'd been married for 28days!

#2- Excited! We'd planned when we were going to TTC for over a year and I was counting down! First month trying

#3- FREAKED out and sobbed. I'd been laid off & my unemployment was about to end, we'd been very careful and I still am amazed he's here (condom and we'd only DTD once that month on CD5). Everything worked out though, DH got a huge promotion and I am now mostly a SAHM (I moonlight in my field a couple days a month) :-)
S 3/15 7lbs 15oz 20.5in
Pikemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #35
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Shocked with 1. The BFP with #2 was just confirmation of what I already was positive of.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #36
dancingingrace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We'd been really trying for a long time and had lost 3 previously, so I was always testing either early or blindly in my cycle (I was really irregular), but I was a total POAS addict, lol, and always pretty much expected a negative. With DD1's, I took the test and then set it on the back of the toilet, and proceeded to get myself ready for the day. I glanced at it, saw 2 lines and thought, "Oh, well...I knew it would be negative." I went to get dressed and did a few other things, then it was like a lightbulb went off in my head...I was SUPPOSED to get 2 lines for a positive, this one wasn't a plus sign test! DUH!! I ran back into the bathroom and looked again, and sure enough, it was positive! With DD2, I was strangely calm about it...super excited, because we'd been trying for her, too, but it was like I already knew I was. I don't know how or why, there were no symptoms, but I just had this calm pressence about me even before I went in the store to buy the test, and I just knew I was pregnant. I can't really explain it...I was thrilled, just not surprised, I guess?
dancingingrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #37
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Great thread!!

#1. omg omg omg omg what am I going to do???! (Dh-then my bf and I were separated and living 13 hrs away from each other and I got preg visiting him for his bday)

#2. similar to #1. omg omg omg what are we going to do??! We lost that baby

#3. Very excited! Got preg with her right after our loss and were so relieved and happy

#4. Shock. Then jumping up and down laughing and excited
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #38
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
1- shock, disbelief. I was18 and it was unplanned.
2- thrilled, dh had been home for 3 months from deployment
3- devastated I was not ready for another and was tta
4- thrilled again! Again dh was fresh from deployment and we decided on one more.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #39
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

#1 I never took a test. I was 16 and I had to go to the hospital because I blacked out at school, they tested for me

#2 I was so excited. We were trying. I was due in 4 days, had no feeling of being pregnant at all, but I was looking here at the TTC thread and decided to test on a whim and it was +!! I told all of FB and DS before I told my husband (fiancee at the time). I found out on April 15th. His birthday is April 20th, so I was going to wait, but told him the next day on the 16th anyway!
HeatherM0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #40
lemon.extract
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had been married a week or two and had the impression that we should have children. I stopped taking birth control and a week or so later I was pregnant; we didn't expect to get pregnant so fast.Took the test and I thought, "here we go."

Last edited by lemon.extract; 02-09-2013 at 10:27 PM.
lemon.extract is offline   Reply With Quote