Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #21
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O Water Birthing Outfits!

i didn't get in the water until 2contx before he was born lol and i had on a nightgown then hit water and stripped that off and changed to sports bra before next contrx hit lol. just have a big towle or robe handy if you want ot get out. also like another poster said i def. would not be comfortable w/ that many people. it can def. stall labor havign a party atmosphere and not focusing on birthing. but everyone is diff. just have someone ready to ask them to go to another room or something if neccessary

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #22
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
just something to consider - I have heard that you don't want to get into the tub at the beginning of labor as the water could stall progression.. Ideally, you want to get in at around 5cm. so, that is technically before transition, but still quite a ways into labor.

just putting that out there
when I first started planning my water birth, I thought I'd jump in the tub first thing, but that does not seem to be the recommendation.
I agree completely.

Typically, you want to wait until you are nearing transition or IN transition before you get in the tub. Otherwise, yes, you can stall your labor or even stop it.

I would actually even go a bit further than the poster I quoted and say IIRC, it is best to wait till 7cm.

ETA: I'm going to add RE:having lots of people around - I was having regular, strong contractions with my 2nd child, I dilated to a 4, then my mom popped in the room and my labor completely stopped. We did everything, even drank a whole bottle of castor oil. Labor did not start again for one WHOLE (very long) week. It was absolutely miserable.

So, yes, although it may not seem like it (and it may not be true for everyone, I don't know) the wrong person or atmosphere can absolutely stop or stall your labor. And that is honestly NO FUN at all.

Last edited by Kiliki; 02-06-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #23
lemon.extract
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am planning on wearing a bikini top or tankini and a skirtie (with bottoms not attached)so I can walk around without my privates being exposed.
lemon.extract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #24
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki
ETA: I'm going to add RE:having lots of people around - I was having regular, strong contractions with my 2nd child, I dilated to a 4, then my mom popped in the room and my labor completely stopped. We did everything, even drank a whole bottle of castor oil. Labor did not start again for one WHOLE (very long) week. It was absolutely miserable.

So, yes, although it may not seem like it (and it may not be true for everyone, I don't know) the wrong person or atmosphere can absolutely stop or stall your labor. And that is honestly NO FUN at all.
That is INSANE!

I am fairly sure my labor went slower than it would have due to stress.

But that is just crazy and I would not have expected that.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #25
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
That is INSANE!

I am fairly sure my labor went slower than it would have due to stress.

But that is just crazy and I would not have expected that.
Yea, me either. My water was even leaking and we were filling the birth tub and everything.

I tried EVERYTHING to get it going again. Everything.

Apparently I have deep seated mommy issues that I have never addressed. Lol.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #26
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions! I actually don't mind the amount of people, I invited them all. lol I guess I'm kind of a nut. I had just about that many at my last birth. At my last birth though it was the normal stuck in a bed covered with a sheet till the end hospital birth. I have NO idea what to expect with my birth center birth and honestly I am super excited. I'm just a little confused I guess because being that I've never done one before and I have no idea what the heck I'm suppose to wear. All I know is that when I'm not in heavy labor I will be freaked out to be semi naked around family. I know most likely I will have watchers when shes born but oh well on that part. lol

Oh and I will also have access to a giant walk in shower and birthing ball which I am sure I will use and I want to be covered for all that but not heavily.

Last edited by Mommyto2B2G; 02-07-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #27
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

I just had our little girl Tuesday at home in the water. I wore a black sports bra and a flowy shorter cotton skirt. It was prefect because I felt covered up but still had access for birth. I wanted something on bottom so if I ended up on all fours my butt wasn't hanging out. I did end up delivering on my knees and my Dad was there so I'm really glad I went with the skirt.

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #28
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wore a sports bra for my first waterbirth (with DS3). I planned on wearing a sports bra again with DD, but ended up not doing a waterbirth.

If you want to be modest, I'd go with a the top from a tankini style swimsuit. Honestly though, once things are going, you're not going to worry about being modest all you'll care about is getting the baby out. LOL

Good luck.
God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #29
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I also wanted to add, that if you are this worried about being modest around your DH's family members... it might not be a good idea to have them in the room. Think about if you will be able to relax with them there, or if they will add to your stress.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote