Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
mommy2j
Registered Users

Talk to me about Prefolds and Covers

I love how economical this option is, but I have a few concerns.

I'm not sure we will want to snappi on a wiggly baby. When you trifold into a cover, can this really be a trim option? Does it depend on the cover?

Do you find that young babies are sensitive to wet skin?

Overall I see so many people recommend this option as easy and budget friendly, but I guess I'm just scared to try it. If I hate bulky looking diapers, am I going to hate this?

I guess my other thought was just a plain non-folding insert in a cover. Thoughts on that? Or recommendations?

Advertisement

mommy2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
bronwynhb
Registered Users
seller

Re: Talk to me about Prefolds and Covers

I find snappiing to be easy. Although we've only been doing it for 3 1/2 months.

Also, some babies are super sensitive to being wet and some aren't. You can always use a fleece liner though.

Prefolds can be kind of bulky, though they're less bulky if you buy multiple sizes like GMD and Diaper Rite have. Although, if you're buying multiple sizes, they're also not quite as economical.

I know that alot of people really like hybrid systems like Grovia, Best Bottoms & Flips. That might be a good option for you if you don't like bulky diapers.
bronwynhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #3
Kimmiecello
Registered Users
seller
seller

Prefolds scare me, but I love fitteds. We only use fitteds at night, though, and pockets during the day. My husband doesn't like prefolds/fitteds ("too much work - like putting on 2 diapers"), but the fitteds are the only thing that work overnight, especially for boy twin who is a BIG PEER!

5% off cloth diapers and supplies everyday at www.thenaturalbaby.com - use coupon code KF130713

www.hyenacart.com/notablebeginnings
Kimmiecello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #4
calund
Registered Users

I used prefolds with a snappi when my LO was smaller but once we moved up to a bigger prefold size we did without a snappi and it was totally fine. Not too bulky in my opinion and loved how economical it was!
calund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
mommy2j
Registered Users

Are there fitteds that aren't super bulky? I'm so clueless with all of this and there seem to be a million options.
mommy2j is offline   Reply With Quote