Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #101
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post

Yes definitely. They are like a nice soft premium tshirt. They took the same amount to dry in my dryer as a regular birdseye flat.
These sound like my perfect diaper!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #102
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Re: My Flip Daytime insert review with pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServingHim View Post
These sound like my perfect diaper!

Yes, I think they might be mine too. I was wavering on keeping them before they got here just because I was feeling so burnt out on cloth and systems that just were not going to work. I adore BGEs but they are just really more than I should spend and take a very long time to dry. I have loved Flips in the past but wanted the same organic as the BGEs and didn't like the bulk of the "night" organic prefolds. Saving money on utilities and not requiring and expensive stash is really great for me. I really prefer trim diapers so that regular clothes and regular diaper bags arent a problem. Also storage space is hard to come by in our house so having one little basket of something that really is a true OS is perfect.

Also I think these will be very versatile to use as changing pads, burp cloths, etc. I am just mad they finally came out with something so great when I would have liked them ages ago lol. Actually I am really at a point of needing simplicity and to save money so maybe it is perfect timing.

Last edited by FernHollow; 02-08-2013 at 02:58 PM.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #103
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post

Yes, I think they might be mine too. I was wavering on keeping them before they got here just because I was feeling so burnt out on cloth and systems that just were not going to work. I adore BGEs but they are just really more than I should spend and take a very long time to dry. I have loved Flips in the past but wanted the same organic as the BGEs and didn't like the bulk of the "night" organic prefolds. Saving money on utilities and not requiring and expensive stash is really great for me. I really prefer trim diapers so that regular clothes and regular diaper bags arent a problem. Also storage space is hard to come by in our house so having one little basket of something that really is a true OS is perfect.

Also I think these will be very versatile to use as changing pads, burp cloths, etc. I am just mad they finally came out with something so great when I would have liked them ages ago lol. Actually I am really at a point of needing simplicity and to save money so maybe it id perfect timing.
That is where I'm at too. When we first started cding I had a cheap stash of 18 premium pfs and covers. We used it for about a year happily then I found DS and got sucked into trying all different stuff
Due to wash issues I started using flats and wool. we did that for a year and the flats washed so easily! But then I got sucked back into trying new stuff. I am sick to death of it now and just need a stash that will save us money, wash easy, be trim, and be easy enough for grandparents and older siblings to use!

Old 02-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #104
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
That is where I'm at too. When we first started cding I had a cheap stash of 18 premium pfs and covers. We used it for about a year happily then I found DS and got sucked into trying all different stuff
Due to wash issues I started using flats and wool. we did that for a year and the flats washed so easily! But then I got sucked back into trying new stuff. I am sick to death of it now and just need a stash that will save us money, wash easy, be trim, and be easy enough for grandparents and older siblings to use!

I totally get it! My almost 9yo dd just changed him for me since we are getting ready to run out the door. I expected her to put him in a sposies, but she she changed him into a new Flip and daytime insert, then put the cover to air out. She had no problem with it at all and actually put him in a pair of jeans that barely fit with a disposable. Mamas, these fit in his too small jeans. Yay! No worrying about pants fitting.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #105
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:

I totally get it! My almost 9yo dd just changed him for me since we are getting ready to run out the door. I expected her to put him in a sposie, but she she changed him into a new Flip and daytime insert, then put the cover to air out. She had no problem with it at all and actually put him in a pair of jeans that barely fit with a disposable. Mamas, these fit in his too small jeans. Yay! No worrying about pants fitting.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #106
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

Cant wait to get some of these!

Old 02-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #107
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow

Yes definitely. They are like a nice soft premium tshirt. They took the same amount to dry in my dryer as a regular birdseye flat.
It amazes me how quickly the flats dry! Definitely save energy bill on this one! So excited to get them!!!

Just in time to simplify & get back to basics that wash easy & work!

Last edited by crunchyNurseMommy; 02-08-2013 at 06:00 PM.
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #108
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post

Just in time to simplify & get back to basics that wash easy & work!
This!

Old 02-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #109
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Got mine in the mail today. Wanted to roll around in them - they are so soft & lovely! Wish they would prep themselves overnight!
And, silly me, I did all the laundry yesterday so now I need to find something to wash!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #110
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
Got mine in the mail today. Wanted to roll around in them - they are so soft & lovely! Wish they would prep themselves overnight!
And, silly me, I did all the laundry yesterday so now I need to find something to wash!
I felt that way when ours arrived too. I was joking to dh that I was going to buy more to sew into something for ME.