Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #181
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My Flip Daytime insert review with pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
I would use them in a pocket. I haven't yet but I will.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
I plan to try using them in a pocket diaper too

Advertisement

gbabies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:18 AM   #182
starfish09
Registered Users

I've never posted on DS before, but thought I could add something to this!

I've owned these for a couple of weeks and have been using them exclusively in pockets (RSD medium-long) on my 22 lb 15 month old. They are SUPER trim, and quite absorbent (no leaks as of yet). Compared to my other pocket inserts, they are as trim as an AMP bamboo insert folded once, and more trim than a size 1 hemp prefold folded once (more flexible too) and much more trim than the old flip inserts. This even though I have to fold one end down to make it fit lengthwise.

I don't have any old BGEs, but I have one new one and they are about he same trimness. . They are both so soft and silky I think that contributes to bunching in a flip cover, so I wouldn't plan to use them this way if your LO is sensitive to pul.

HTH!
starfish09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:21 AM   #183
starfish09
Registered Users

Oops... That should say Thirsties size 1 hemp prefold!
starfish09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #184
elle'smom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish09
I've never posted on DS before, but thought I could add something to this!

I've owned these for a couple of weeks and have been using them exclusively in pockets (RSD medium-long) on my 22 lb 15 month old. They are SUPER trim, and quite absorbent (no leaks as of yet). Compared to my other pocket inserts, they are as trim as an AMP bamboo insert folded once, and more trim than a size 1 hemp prefold folded once (more flexible too) and much more trim than the old flip inserts. This even though I have to fold one end down to make it fit lengthwise.

I don't have any old BGEs, but I have one new one and they are about he same trimness. . They are both so soft and silky I think that contributes to bunching in a flip cover, so I wouldn't plan to use them this way if your LO is sensitive to pul.

HTH!
I've been using them exclusively as pocket stuffers, too. They've quickly turned into my favorite stuffer! They are absorbent and SO trim. I can't stand the bunching in a cover, but they work awesome in pockets! I think I'll try them as flats on my newbie when she gets here too, but until then I've found the perfect use for them!
elle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #185
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle'smom View Post
I've been using them exclusively as pocket stuffers, too. They've quickly turned into my favorite stuffer! They are absorbent and SO trim. I can't stand the bunching in a cover, but they work awesome in pockets! I think I'll try them as flats on my newbie when she gets here too, but until then I've found the perfect use for them!
Yay, so glad to hear this - thanks for sharing!!
gbabies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #186
ollie_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you so much for this!!
ollie_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #187
epanouie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I just read through this whole huge thread last night and was wondering if some of you mamas who decided to purchase could please update on how these are working out for you after a few weeks? I know for some the love wore off pretty fast, just wondering about the rest of you. After reading I decided to give them a try for caregivers. Thank you!
epanouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #188
WhitneyBurchfield
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I need to buy some of these now!! We usually use the Stay-Dry inserts but I get annoyed because my hands are so dry and rough from washing them 1000x a day (ah the joys of being a nurse!) they snag on the microfiber. I'm just OCD enough that this annoys me lol I'm very intrigued by the idea of inserts being so soft they make you want to roll around on them!
WhitneyBurchfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #189
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by epanouie View Post
I just read through this whole huge thread last night and was wondering if some of you mamas who decided to purchase could please update on how these are working out for you after a few weeks? I know for some the love wore off pretty fast, just wondering about the rest of you. After reading I decided to give them a try for caregivers. Thank you!
While they are not my favorite, I think they are worth having at least a few of. I don't like them on my 2 year old just because they bunch on him. However they work great for him overnight doubled up with a bamboo flat.

I do like them on my big 2 month old. It is definitely the trimmest option out there for a padfolded flat. They are soft, nice flat serged edging, and they dry quickly. They aren't "crisp" though, so if you want edges to line up perfectly you will be disappointed. Also though they are fabulous for other things besides diapers - proving to be luxurious burp cloths and swaddle blankets.

I think though when everything is said and done, I prefer my thirsties size 1 prefolds with the loop removed to make them preflats. They seem to be more absorbent and almost as trim. And priced practically the same. So... meh. I won't be selling mine, and I may still get 3 more just so I have 6 total because odd numbers bug me, and they will be used regularly in our house - but could be substituted for just the thirsties preflats and not really be missed.

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #190
webMistress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by epanouie
I still like mine. Haven't decided whether to order more (trying some other flats 1st) but I love the trim fit and the fact they are smaller than a regular flat is great for my petite girl. I'm pretty certain I'll order another 3 pack.

Get Cash Back Just By Shopping Online at Ebates! I just earned a $23 Amazon Gift Card!
webMistress is offline   Reply With Quote