Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #21
Registered Users
Re: Grandparents watching kids?

We dont pay my mom to watch my son, she wouldnt take it anyways. Its only a few hours a day though.... (3p-6p)

awhitmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:

My mom watches my dd one day a week for work then usually a half day for date day and I pay her $50 a paycheck. Not much but some!
Ktanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:45 PM   #23
Registered Users
My Mood:

My mom watches my 3 kids full time at my house. We don't pay her. But I get her nice mothers day/christmas gifts.

there is a trade off, though. she stresses me out, and she doesn't do things the way i want. but 3 kids in daycare is a huge chunk of money, so we put up with her (and are in therapy) because financially, it would be a huge hit if she stopped watching them. But we have NO privacy since she is in my house all day every day. And she openly criticizes our parenting. i finally (with the help of some counseling) have started saying to her--"I am their mother, and this is my choice" when she tells me I am doing it wrong.

the line between parent and grandparent are way too blurred since she is full time care. she spends a ton of money on them, and feels like their parent.
Middle school teacher by day, super mom by night
Mommy to The Boss~2007, The Energizer Bunny~2009, and The Princess~2011
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 05-22-2013 at 10:46 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote