Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #11
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children, Struggling for More February

Tina- so sorry. I HATE cd1 every single month.

Amy- Now that I've had the energy to catch up, I'm glad you've come up with a plan you are happy with. Two more and then IVF sounds reasonable. I totally understand waiting until summer! I'm a mess when I'm taking the meds so I hate to do it during the year, not to mention all the time off work for any of these appts. So I really try to do all my leg work to set things up during the school year and then gear up for four months of intense TTC. That sounds terrible but it's what works for me.

Kelsie- Praying for good news for you and baby A today.

AFM, I'm finally not shaking or chilled. Still feeling weak with a tender tummy but feeling much better today. But having to get up before five AM to go milk a sheep is not my idea of fun! But she's giving me 1-2 quarts every milking which is better than most dairy goats! We're going to keep milking her through the weekend in hopes one of our other ewes has triplets and we can get her to adopt one. If not then we'll start to decrease our milkings and let her dry up. I'm so ready for this week to be over, I need a day off!

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #12
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Tina- so sorry. I HATE cd1 every single month.

Amy- Now that I've had the energy to catch up, I'm glad you've come up with a plan you are happy with. Two more and then IVF sounds reasonable. I totally understand waiting until summer! I'm a mess when I'm taking the meds so I hate to do it during the year, not to mention all the time off work for any of these appts. So I really try to do all my leg work to set things up during the school year and then gear up for four months of intense TTC. That sounds terrible but it's what works for me.

Kelsie- Praying for good news for you and baby A today.

AFM, I'm finally not shaking or chilled. Still feeling weak with a tender tummy but feeling much better today. But having to get up before five AM to go milk a sheep is not my idea of fun! But she's giving me 1-2 quarts every milking which is better than most dairy goats! We're going to keep milking her through the weekend in hopes one of our other ewes has triplets and we can get her to adopt one. If not then we'll start to decrease our milkings and let her dry up. I'm so ready for this week to be over, I need a day off!

I'm glad you are starting to feel better. I'm sorry you lost the lamb

I am totally that way. I hate doing fertility treatments during school. Its soo stressful! Like this week I had to get my meds and start them and its conferences so I had to run to costco on my break and I was late getting back and then next friday I'm going to have to leave early and get someone to take the girls and figure all of that out for the u/s. I'm sure its doable to do the appointments during the school year its just that dh works really late and so I'd have to find someone all the time to take the girls after school, where in the summer I can pay my friend's teenage daughter to come and watch them while I go to appointments.

I almost don't want to tell my family we are going to do the IVF, I think my mom will not say positive things, but I don't know if we can get away with not telling them either....
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #13
Kotzurk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Baby B (on the right and bottom) is doing fantastic. Heart rate of 171. Baby A on the top still isn't doing great. There hasn't been much growth and the heart rate is still low. They suspect chromosomal abnormalities. They still don't expect A to make it. We will make the big announcement today anyway. We will celebrate both of these babies for as long as they are with us.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #14
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
I'm glad you are starting to feel better. I'm sorry you lost the lamb

I am totally that way. I hate doing fertility treatments during school. Its soo stressful! Like this week I had to get my meds and start them and its conferences so I had to run to costco on my break and I was late getting back and then next friday I'm going to have to leave early and get someone to take the girls and figure all of that out for the u/s. I'm sure its doable to do the appointments during the school year its just that dh works really late and so I'd have to find someone all the time to take the girls after school, where in the summer I can pay my friend's teenage daughter to come and watch them while I go to appointments.

I almost don't want to tell my family we are going to do the IVF, I think my mom will not say positive things, but I don't know if we can get away with not telling them either....
I totally understand! Last appt. where I really wanted dh to go with me, I finally did just ask the neighbor's daughter to come watch him. She got off the bus and came right over and then I left. It worked out really well, and ds had a blast with her. And I also understand on not telling family. My mom freaks out over everything. And although I know she's supportive she worries about me. I can't count the number of times she's asked why we just can't be happy with one because with our crazy lives can we really even handle another? Really mom! She is coming for a month when I have my surgery though. I'm worried it will be to long but I'm trying to remind myself to be greatful for the help.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #15
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kinda bummed. I'm supposed to start Clomid next cycle, but DF is on a new schedule for work and will be staying out 2-3 weeks at a time as things are slow around MN, instead of being home every week like he has been. I'm considering not starting anything until this summer when he might be home more.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #16
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh Kelsie- Your post made me cry... I am so very sorry. Baby A was the one we lost. I will be praying for a miracle for your Baby A- it is so touching to see them both together like that in the ultrasound. Please feel free to PM me anytime if you want to talk. I am so very sorry to hear that it wasn't better news.
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #17
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Amy - What an experience birth and raise lambs (and possible triplets at that!!!!). I'm sorry to hear about your lost lamb- It must have been difficult... And I'm glad you have answers with your IVF. I don't know if I'd tell my mom or not. She's very much a part of my ttc journey (shes an RN, so I often bounce ideas off of her, she consults her books because she has no idea what I'm talking about, she learns I'm right, she complains because she didn't learn that in school, and then we come up with an answer together), but I don't know how she's feel about IVF. I'd probably have to go fishing for her thoughts to find out if she'd be a hater or a supporter, kwim?

Kelsie- I'm still praying for your little Baby A. It says something that he's still hanging on... my lo only beat for a day before we lost her, so that he's still going strong might be a good sign. How many days is he measuring behind?

AFM - I am SUPER excited... I JUST BOUGHT AN OVACUE!!!! My OV watch doesn't work like it's supposed to because of my PCOS, and the stupic clearblue monitor gives me highs from the end of AF until O (even if I O on day 23) because, again, of my PCOS (high levels of estrogen). Which is REALLY aggrevating. I've been searching for something else, and I stumbled across this new monitor, gives you 6-7 days notice of ovulation, and it measures electrolytes, estrogen, AND progesterone, AND, DRUMROLL PLEASE..... is proven that it isn't affected by PCOS!!!!! yay!!!! Soooo.... I'm super excited now if I DON'T get a bfp this cycle so i can use my new monitor. But on the off chance that I DO get a bfp, this monitor is in the works for getting approved for contraceptive use as well, and since I can't take the pill anymore, this might just be great.

Can you tell I'm excited???
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #18
Kotzurk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am 7w1d. He's measuring between 5w6d and 6w1d.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #19
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
Amy - What an experience birth and raise lambs (and possible triplets at that!!!!). I'm sorry to hear about your lost lamb- It must have been difficult... And I'm glad you have answers with your IVF. I don't know if I'd tell my mom or not. She's very much a part of my ttc journey (shes an RN, so I often bounce ideas off of her, she consults her books because she has no idea what I'm talking about, she learns I'm right, she complains because she didn't learn that in school, and then we come up with an answer together), but I don't know how she's feel about IVF. I'd probably have to go fishing for her thoughts to find out if she'd be a hater or a supporter, kwim?

Kelsie- I'm still praying for your little Baby A. It says something that he's still hanging on... my lo only beat for a day before we lost her, so that he's still going strong might be a good sign. How many days is he measuring behind?

AFM - I am SUPER excited... I JUST BOUGHT AN OVACUE!!!! My OV watch doesn't work like it's supposed to because of my PCOS, and the stupic clearblue monitor gives me highs from the end of AF until O (even if I O on day 23) because, again, of my PCOS (high levels of estrogen). Which is REALLY aggrevating. I've been searching for something else, and I stumbled across this new monitor, gives you 6-7 days notice of ovulation, and it measures electrolytes, estrogen, AND progesterone, AND, DRUMROLL PLEASE..... is proven that it isn't affected by PCOS!!!!! yay!!!! Soooo.... I'm super excited now if I DON'T get a bfp this cycle so i can use my new monitor. But on the off chance that I DO get a bfp, this monitor is in the works for getting approved for contraceptive use as well, and since I can't take the pill anymore, this might just be great.

Can you tell I'm excited???
Congrats on the new monitor. This made me just a touch. I think you're combining Amy and I into one person. We do live near eachother, but I"m the one with sheep, and she's the one getting ready for IVF. Although she'd be welcome to come play with my lambs! DH and I have already decided to take IVF off the table. We just can't seem to get behind it for ourselves (have no issue with other people choosing it just isn't the right choice for us).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotzurk View Post
I am 7w1d. He's measuring between 5w6d and 6w1d.
Really hoping he's just a slow grower.

AFM, we were up and down all night. We have a sheep that I SWEAR is in labor. But then she just stops and acts fine. So we locker her up in the shed under a heat lamp so if she lambs the babies won't freeze. She is HUGE so I'm hoping for triples so we can graft one on. The other ewe is starting to loose her milk because I can't milk her often enough so we have to find a baby for her soon or she'll dry up. On the other front, I'm a little stressed about this surgery. I've been through it before but the last one was laser and burning and the thought of them cutting scares me a bit. Trying to come to grips with everything and just keep on course for the plan.

Last edited by slimy72; 02-08-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #20
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Congrats on the new monitor. This made me just a touch. I think you're combining Amy and I into one person. We do live near eachother, but I"m the one with sheep, and she's the one getting ready for IVF. Although she'd be welcome to come play with my lambs! DH and I have already decided to take IVF off the table. We just can't seem to get behind it for ourselves (have no issue with other people choosing it just isn't the right choice for us).

Really hoping he's just a slow grower.

AFM, we were up and down all night. We have a sheep that I SWEAR is in labor. But then she just stops and acts fine. So we locker her up in the shed under a heat lamp so if she lambs the babies won't freeze. She is HUGE so I'm hoping for triples so we can graft one on. The other ewe is starting to loose her milk because I can't milk her often enough so we have to find a baby for her soon or she'll dry up. On the other front, I'm a little stressed about this surgery. I've been through it before but the last one was laser and burning and the thought of them cutting scares me a bit. Trying to come to grips with everything and just keep on course for the plan.

You will do fine. I actually think I felt worse with all of the laser ablations that with the big guts open surgery. The gas they pump you up with for an ablation makes me miserable. You can do this. Make a few meal to freeze so you can have down time and not worry about cooking, know the house will not be perfect, and gear your DH up for taking care of animals alone for a few days. I know it is a lot of work, but you will need your rest.

AFM, Yesterday was terrible and I just stayed home I felt so bad. I think it is ridiculous to hurt so much, especially after 6 mo of Lupron.

Good news is my OB is back to taking my ins. I was in a panic because they got bought out by ardent and the first thing they did was drop aetna off the list (I know they just wanted more money, but OMG play nice boys!) I am going to make another apt with Dr Harris soon so we can discuss what all is going on and if he thinks I should do anything else before looking very seriously at IVF this summer.

Well, I'm off to run errands while boys are at school. We are having my friends two little girls spend the night tonight so I don't want to have to pack them all up to go to the store.