Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
Yeah, you are all right of course. I just don't want them to suddenly alter from the course of baby coming when he's ready and I am afraid to end up with pre-e again.
I understand your fear. It's perfectly reasonable. I also personally feel hiding things from your doc could lead to potentially more serious issues later on. FX it's "just" migraines!!

Advertisement

mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #12
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pre-e

Quote:
Yeah, you are all right of course. I just don't want them to suddenly alter from the course of baby coming when he's ready and I am afraid to end up with pre-e again.
Of course this is understandable!!! I am concerned about the same things. Just don't get so focused on how you want things to go that you are willing to risk you or baby's health. You are doing great mama
Old 02-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #13
babyWmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I hope talking to your OB will calm your nerves instead of making it worse. Maybe setting up plans for the worse case and best case scenarios will help ease your stress. I hope everything is great and the headaches are just from the change of trimester (I got migraines with my last pregnancy when I changed trimesters).

Hang in there.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #14
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I do understand.
They're not going to want to deliver baby early unless it's necessary for your/baby's safety, and telling the Dr isn't going to change whether you end up with Pre-E or not - it'll just give them the knowledge they need to provide the best care for you.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Ok, so OB checked some things and Switched me to weekly visits (they are only 5 minutes away) for blood pressure checks and urine checks for protein. They are also going to run baseline bloodwork so if things start looking bad they have something to compare to, since I developed HELLP syndrome last time. She also recommended a home monitor so we bought one after the appt.

She prescribed a safer prescription med for the migraines but insurance is only willing to cover 9 a month. This is a daily issue and she said to take one, and if it's not better, another two hrs later. So we are dealing with insurance on that and waiting for a call back. They have other preferred meds but not sure if they are safe during pregnancy.

She is still optimistic about a vbac so we will see how things progress! I'm happy to get the professional checkup weekly though, that will help ease my fears each week.

Last edited by Mom2Connor; 02-07-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #16
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sounds like a good update. Even with a script your insurance still wont cover them all?
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #17
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like a great plan. Hope you get meds and insurance worked out!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #18
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny
Sounds like a good update. Even with a script your insurance still wont cover them all?
Yes, even with the script the insurance required my doc to fax, in writing, that they wrote it correctly. Yeah seriously.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #19
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Hubby was very frustrated with the pharmacy guy for the insurance company. He was being difficult.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #20
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Ok, so OB checked some things and Switched me to weekly visits (they are only 5 minutes away) for blood pressure checks and urine checks for protein. They are also going to run baseline bloodwork so if things start looking bad they have something to compare to, since I developed HELLP syndrome last time. She also recommended a home monitor so we bought one after the appt.

She prescribed a safer prescription med for the migraines but insurance is only willing to cover 9 a month. This is a daily issue and she said to take one, and if it's not better, another two hrs later. So we are dealing with insurance on that and waiting for a call back. They have other preferred meds but not sure if they are safe during pregnancy.

She is still optimistic about a vbac so we will see how things progress! I'm happy to get the professional checkup weekly though, that will help ease my fears each week.
I'm glad you 'fessed up to her about it! Sounds like she's not going overboard, but wanting to keep an eye on things so they can act quickly if needed - that's a good thing

Sorry about the migraine meds... I really can't believe they're being so ridiculous about it. If the other "approved" (I assumed that means covered?) meds aren't safe for pregnancy, but that's all they'll agree to cover, are they willing to accept liability for anything that may happen as a result of taking them?! I'm sure they wouldn't! So why in the world would they argue with your OB about it?!!!!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote