Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #21
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

We couldn't understand it either! Yes the preferred meds means covered meds. Maybe this one costs them more?? They did cover them after the OB had to jump through hoops. You'd think the script with the written number would have been sufficient.

Advertisement

Last edited by Mom2Connor; 02-08-2013 at 05:26 AM.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #22
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Well, I am pretty discouraged right now about my BP. It has been running just below the dr's cutoff to call them immediately :/

They want me to call and come in if it's over 140/90 and I am literally just below the cutoff by a couple digits daily during the calmest part of the day.

Any tips??
Old 02-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #23
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pre-e

Oh, hugs, mama.

I know it must be hard to stay relaxed with a little one to chase after. Maybe you can let some of the household stuff slide a little/get help from others.

I don't have really any more to offer, but I'm sure others will have suggestions.

It can be a vicious cycle where the more you stress over your bp, the higher it will be.

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #24
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is there any type of diet that's supposed to be helpful in lowering/controlling bp? Or supplements/herbs? I'd look into that and try something.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #25
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

House stuff, honestly my DH does sooo much around the house and he works 5am to 2pm now so he's home afternoons and evenings (he was working nights). I can be as lazy as I need to basically though obviously I try not to totally load out on him YK?

I have heard of a high protein diet to help, but there is conflicting info on that on the medical sites (as opposed to the crunchy sites) so that worries me.

This afternoons BP was 138/86. And I had a calm day so I dunno???
Old 02-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #26
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Best things to help with keeping bp lower is drink lots of water, exercise (if you are not on bed rest) and limiting sodium intake. If you read labels, it is shocking how much sodium is in foods. A good goal is less than 2000mg per day of sodium. I am so sorry you are dealing with this I actually watch my sodium really close since I also had pre e with dd. I hope you are able to keep your bp down hugs mama.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:34 PM   #27
kcannon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sorry your BP has been running high, mama! I had preeclampsia with DD that developed into HELLP syndrome as well. I've been trying really hard to stay on top of everything as far as my health goes. I do NOT suggest the Brewer's Diet, though many crunchy moms do. I agree with the other ladies about limiting your sodium intake. After I had DD I became extremely conscious of my sodium intake. I try to stick with things that are low or no sodium and not processed. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies will be good for your body, especially now. I would also recommend trying a gentle prenatal yoga practice and try to get plenty of rest. Try to limit your stress levels as well. I use Young Living's Peace & Calming essential oil on my wrists, neck, and under my nose when I'm feeling anxious or stressed. I also do this at night before I go to bed. Herbal teas that are safe for pregnancy are great as well. Try and take it easy, but do try some moderate exercise (like yoga). Remember to stay hydrated. Water is your friend! I hope this helps!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:22 AM   #28
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #29
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't know much about pre-e or high blood pressure. I do recall a friend who had serious anxiety about having her blood pressure taken. It was boarder line high most of her last trimester, but she'd do some relaxing breathing before hand and they always used a stethoscope instead of the machines. They found it reduced her numbers significantly.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #30
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Oddly enough medical procedures don't bother me. I really wish this was all in my head but it's not.