Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
We're paleo! But I'm TF while nursing because cheese is such an easy quick protein source that I need.
I just realised that I cook everything from scratch. We're visiting DHs grandma and she's having the hardest time figuring out if she can use this box of instant potatoes or pancake mix - DH has a dairy allergy.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Pagan mama to her little Witchling Seraphina, born 2/21/2012 at home.

ISO: free or cheap shipping to or within Mexico.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #22
Registered Users
Re: Paleo/primal mamas?

AmberP, that would give me second thoughts, too. We get our milk from my parents, and have done so for the last 10 years-ish, which is why I am so comfortable with the whole thing.

So, today, I'm doing pretty well. I had two eggs fried in coconut oil and butter, as well as veggie soup (really, just a bunch of veggies cooked in broth, then pureed) for breakfast. Then, I had a glass of vanilla milk (milk, stevia, and vanilla) because I was having a sweet craving. So, not totally paleo, but still pretty good. Lunch is an unknown, and DH wants to take me out on a date for dinner (which means it may be completely not-primal, hee hee.)

How are you ladies doing?
dressagemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #23
Registered Users
Re: Paleo/primal mamas?

[QUOTE=AmberP;16276260]My friend's mom almost died from a campylobacter infection from raw milk. It has been four or five years and the last I heard, she still can't walk. So I am wary. If it were my cow and I was doing the milking and caring of the equipment, it would be different and I would gladly drink raw milk.

ETA- I am not trying to scare anyone off of it, only explain why I won't drink it personally =)[/QUOTE

I feel the same way about raw milk... I would drink it from my own cow, but I just can't trust someone else to not cut corners. It's illegal here here so we would have to jump through hoops to get it anyway. DH, DS, and DD all are sensitive to milk, I've always wondered if they'd be OK with raw, but for now we just don't buy any milk.

I've been craving raw veggies for the last few days. It's a welcome change from Ramen and candy, lol.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote