Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:
How to clean peed in shoes?

Title says it all. My dd peed herself on the bus yesterday. I asked her why and she said she forgot to use the bathroom at school the entire day. She got on the bus and had an accident on the way back because she could no longer hold it. I was able to get the backpack and coat clean but the shoes I'm not sure what to do about. They are new. Do I have to junk them? Lysol? Air out? Or could they possibly be washer/dryer safe?

Also, same tornado drew in pen on her jeans. I can't get it out, any suggestions? I feel like ever since I became pregnant the terrible twos came back twofold except she is 6! I didn't realize kids that age still regress when a new baby is coming.

Advertisement

Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How to clean peed in shoes?

Are they tennis shoes? I throw those in the washer on gentle and air dry with no issue. I have even hand washed the inside of dd's leather mary janes and let them air dry with good luck too. The color looked funny at first but it dried out and looked fine.

Also, I usually have good luck with rubbing alcohol or hairspray getting ink out of clothes.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What kind of shoes are they?
Old 02-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #4
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Same tornado??? Lol. I used to always draw on my jeans with pen. It comes out after a couple washes.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #5
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If its a sneaker type shoe, you can throw them in the washing machine on gentle with a few other items. Remember to take the insoles out while washing. Air dry and stuff shoes with newspaper. Hang the insoles up to dry.

Rubbing alcohol can take out pen marks. Dampen with alcohol and blot with a rag to pull out the ink.

Last edited by Shimpie; 02-14-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #6
NYCVeg
Registered Users
seller

What kind of shoes? If they're sneakers, you can definitely put them in the wash (I would dry them, though, as some parts might melt at high heat). Leather flats, not so much.

My 6 yo dd gets paint, ink, marker, etc. all over her clothes, all the time. It's not intentional, she's just an enthusiastic artist. I treat with stain stick before washing, but if it doesn't come out, I just let her keep wearing the clothes with paint or ink stains.
NYCVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #7
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They are those skater type shoes. Suede (or suede looking material), black and hot pink. I tried to find them on the website of store where I bought them but they didn't have them online (walmart). They were expensive-ish for a family that buys shoes 3 pairs at a time so I'm a little disappointed if I have to junk these. Oh well though, I buy them from walmart for reasons like these those. If these were the 60 dollar kids shoes from somewhere like Journeys I'd be panicking more.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #8
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCVeg View Post
What kind of shoes? If they're sneakers, you can definitely put them in the wash (I would dry them, though, as some parts might melt at high heat). Leather flats, not so much.

My 6 yo dd gets paint, ink, marker, etc. all over her clothes, all the time. It's not intentional, she's just an enthusiastic artist. I treat with stain stick before washing, but if it doesn't come out, I just let her keep wearing the clothes with paint or ink stains.
Oh we get unintentional marks as well and that doesn't bug me. I just get upset when she purposely does something she has been previously told not to do. I've even told her, if she would like to draw on pants she has a couple pairs of special pants she can do that to and wear. She does that to them and then she goes and colors all over her school clothes as well. It worked for a little bit but I guess now I have to find something new to occupy her from doing it.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #9
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I soak pee pee letherish shoes in the sink with Dawn then air dry. I have never had a pair ruin before.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #10
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
I soak pee pee letherish shoes in the sink with Dawn then air dry. I have never had a pair ruin before.
Ooooo great! Ill try it! Ty