Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #11
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What color would you paint...

Our two eldest shared a room for a while. They chose orange. So, we went orange. It was a great, bright room.

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #12
mommy2sammy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm interested in this too, as we have the same dilemma. What "theme" would you think for both genders in the same room? Currently ours is a brighter sky blue, so I think that's neutral, but everything accented is cars, as it was ds's room first.
Sorry for the ever so slight hijack, but I have been pondering new bedding for bdays that would compliment each other while still showing their interests.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #13
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Are they old enough to agree on a color they both like?

I'd probably do gray, but most of my house is varying shades of gray, lol.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #14
Airyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When DD and DS1 were still sharing, I wanted to do sky blue and paint a castle in the middle, with princessy stuff on one side and knights, dragons, etc. on the other.

Now, I would probably do light blue or green, but those are my favorites anyway, and will probably be what DD ends up with in her room.

ETA: I like the idea of giving them some options you could live with and letting them decide.

I am a child of God.

Last edited by Airyl; 02-07-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Airyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #15
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

All the bedrooms are a warm beige with white trim in our home. DS1 has pictures he likes on his side of the room and DD has some on hers. The furniture is neutral wood. Everything else is bright colors like blue and red. But I am not really into decorating and have never done a nursery or theme. We spend the least amount of time in our bedrooms.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #16
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

I would either leave it or paint gray or pale silvery blue. Both bright boy and girl colors would look awesome. My almost 9yo actually wants a pale blue bedroom with lots of bright and pale pink accents. I think it would look great, we are planning on doing that for her when we move.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #17
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

you should search for "boy girl shared rooms" on pinterest...you'll get tons of great ideas!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #18
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For now dd2 colored some posters and those arehung up by her side of the room (she hates thr black because its too dark at night so the posters brightened up her corner of the room). If I asked their opinion dd2 would never agree to anything other than pink and ds would strongly object to pink. So any painting would be done without their opinions involved for my sanity - they'd get to pick accessories.

We're torn - we only painted the room 2 years ago and its dh's dream room so he cringes at the thought of painting it. But dd2 hates the color with a passion. We've girlified her corner which helps but she still complains. So the debate is leave it that she's bunking with ds for now or paint it to make it more 'their' room. Nothing will happen for a good 2-3 months in case she decides to just head back down to her princess room when the newness of this wears off.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #19
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

My twins bedroom is yellow.

I found a picture of the room pre-babies. We actually painted it this bright yellow when we moved in, so we lucked up with that!

Behind the camera in this picture is the sink area before going into the bathroom. We painted the sink area white and then painted circles of 5 or 6 different colors all over the walls. It helped to add a little more color and we mixed in the girl and boy colors.

Found a pic of how the yellow looks w/the blue and pinks from their bedding.

Last edited by Brooke789; 02-08-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #20
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

I'd get paint swatches that compliment each other. Brown/pink or blue/green/pink/yellow Some girlish and some boyish if that's what they like then let them choose. I'd then paint each color on 2 walls.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote