Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #11
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I got some .1zoz snappies and some medala containers

Advertisement

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #12
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBooty
Blah I wasn't done talking if anyone is looking for smaller size portions

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #13
evlu
Registered Users

Re: DCP poured out milk

I use Medela containers as well -- they hold about 2.5 ounces but look half full with just an ounce. Wasted milk is sooooo frustrating!
evlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #14
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There's a lot of miseducation about bfing. How unfortunate for you, but I can relate.

My mother actually dumped out the first 3 weeks of my freezer stash because DH wouldn't take some in a bottle. She was fussy that day and refused it. My mother, not realizing how difficult it is to build a stash and not knowing much about frozen bm, assumed it was spoiled and dumped ALL of it out. Fortunately my sister came over and stopped her from dumping out the rest of my milk when she came and realized the milk was fine.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #15
treehugger2012
Registered Users

I would have been so mad! I would talk to her about following rules that you have set up for YOUR baby
treehugger2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #16
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBooty View Post
Snappies! That's what they were called. I couldn't remember the name.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #17
cuddlebunny_24
Registered Users

At the day care I work at we are allowed to warm breast milk two times before having to throw it away. What we do for babies that are not big eaters is only warm up 1-2 ounce at a time so that we are not throwing away milk. We actually have more breast fed babies at this point and we normally have at least one in the class so our staff is well trained with breast milk. I luckily do not have to deal with the issue of my child being bottle fed breast milk because my boss is amazing and lets me take a break to nurse him when he is hungry! But if I was not working at the day care and this was the situation there that they were not well trained in breast milk then I would be frustrated as well. I would talk to the teacher and possibly the direct to see what can be done to keep this from happening again. Also I know there is a lot of information about breastmilk storage and usage online maybe find some of that information and print it out so that they have it on hand in case there is a different teacher in the room on any given day. You might also be able to find your state day care regulations online, if not you should be able to request a copy of it from your day care provider or your state's department of public welfare. They have to give it to you if it is requested. Good luck with your situation and I hope that you can find an easy way to resolve it between you and the day care. Most day care centers are willing to work with parents so that the family is happy their, they do not want to lose your business.
cuddlebunny_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #18
sandy_dandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
They have these little tubes they use in the hospital when you are pumping that just fit 1-2 oz and you put on one of the disposable nipples. Would something like that work? Little mini bottles? Then you could just have 2-5 of those and if she doesn't finish, they'd only throw out a half oz or so at a time but they would still have a "full" bottle. Our DCP when DS first went freaked because his bottles only had 2-4 oz in them and at his age they should have been 4-6. Well at the beginning he was still getting mostly BM (he did have to switch when I wasn't able to pump). But it was mainly because the bottle looked so empty (2 oz in an 8 oz bottle does look pitiful.) So I started sending smaller bottles and the problem was solved. Would something like that work?
Last time I sent 2 bottles (from the Medela pump set) with 4-5 ounces each AND 2 empty bottles. I asked them to pour a little into the empty bottle and try feeding her 1-2 oz. at a time. Seems to have made everyone happy.

She still is not crazy about bottles and wants to nurse a lot when I come to get her, but she did eat while I was gone so that is the most important thing! And they are very happy to work with me. I left them some printed info about bm feeding & storage.

Hi! I'm Sandy, Rob's wife (7/06) & mommy to Eddie (9/09) and Katelyn (9/12).
Let me convert your bras to nursing bras! WAHM store open now! IHA/ISO
Independent Scentsy Family Consultant - love owning my own business!
sandy_dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #19
sandy_dandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli
There's a lot of miseducation about bfing. How unfortunate for you, but I can relate.

My mother actually dumped out the first 3 weeks of my freezer stash because DH wouldn't take some in a bottle. She was fussy that day and refused it. My mother, not realizing how difficult it is to build a stash and not knowing much about frozen bm, assumed it was spoiled and dumped ALL of it out. Fortunately my sister came over and stopped her from dumping out the rest of my milk when she came and realized the milk was fine.
Oh no! I would be so upset. Once when my son was little and I was WOH full-time, I had to throw out ALL of my frozen milk because the freezer door was accidentally left cracked open overnight. SO SAD! I didn't have a huge stash, but I had worked so hard to get it pumping at work that I actually cried.

Hi! I'm Sandy, Rob's wife (7/06) & mommy to Eddie (9/09) and Katelyn (9/12).
Let me convert your bras to nursing bras! WAHM store open now! IHA/ISO
Independent Scentsy Family Consultant - love owning my own business!
sandy_dandy is offline   Reply With Quote