Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ring sling options?

My 5mo old is not a fan of being worn but loves my ring sling. I have a silk one that has started slipping. And I get annoyed adjusting it all the time. Any suggestions? She's very long and skinny. I'm short and medium. How do hot slings work? What about pouches? Thanks!

Advertisement

Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Have you tried a wrap? I confess I sometimes get annoyed with my rings as well. You could even try a rebozo. I prefer the slip knot over rings, personally.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #3
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2jandb
Have you tried a wrap? I confess I sometimes get annoyed with my rings as well. You could even try a rebozo. I prefer the slip knot over rings, personally.
I have a moby and boba sleepy wrap but am thinking I need a non stretchy? She hates being held close and likes the way the rs makes a kind of seat she can see out of easily. I'll try to figure out what a rebozo is. Lol.
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahonycm

I have a moby and boba sleepy wrap but am thinking I need a non stretchy? She hates being held close and likes the way the rs makes a kind of seat she can see out of easily. I'll try to figure out what a rebozo is. Lol.
Rebozo is a shorty wrap tied with a slip knot and works just like a RS
Old 02-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
itiswhatitis1984
Registered Users

My Mood:
My rs is from sleeping baby productions & its awesome!! I've tried it out on my friends baby & my niece and can't wait for our lo to be born to use it regularly with him!! Hers are great quality & affordable
itiswhatitis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #6
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks! Any brand recommendations to start wrapping? I live in Ireland, so warm is good.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #7
Ecdyses
Registered Users
seller

Re: Ring sling options?

Have you considered a wrap conversion ring sling? Sleeping Baby makes them, along with many wrap manufacturers. It's simply a ring sling made from a woven wrap rather than regular fabric. Very cozy and supportive.

Otherwise I love double linen ring slings from Sakura Bloom.
Ecdyses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #8
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahonycm
Thanks! Any brand recommendations to start wrapping? I live in Ireland, so warm is good.
I don't have experience with many brands, but I love my old and squishy soft didymos. I have a bb slen shorty that's nice and cozy too. I think any wrap will be warm, but I've seen some made with wool. Other mamas might have more recommendations.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:13 AM   #9
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I might look into sleeping baby. I like the idea of a wrap. The RS is nice but not for long term stuff.