Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #31
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Re: He wants to be in our bed. period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuro_mom View Post
I feel your pain. My lo is 12 1/2 months and we are going through the same battle. Sorry I can't offer any words of wisdom here
When is your LO's birthday? My son's is 1/18/12.

Advertisement

Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #32
angelisagemini
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think I'd have a talk with my husband about cosleeping. He's a grown man and a father. I'm sure he loves his child. He should be able to understand that as the adult and caretaker you sometimes have to make sacrifices for your family's well being.
It's not like having your mattress on the floor is a huge sacrifice to begin with.

These first few years are so short in the grand scheme of things. We still cosleep on and off with our 4.5 year old. When he was younger we did the whole mattress on the floor thing and it worked wonderfully. When he got bigger we put a twin mattress right next to ours so we would have more room. We would lay next to him on our bed until he fell asleep and then get up and do what we wanted until we were ready for bed ourselves.

Plus sex outside the bedroom can be fun!
angelisagemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #33
Mommy to Eli and Baby#2
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn.mcc View Post
I do think it will be much easier when he is older and we can explain things to him. At 13 months we can't explain much except "Go take a bath" and "Give Tilly her bone back."

BUT hubby was home alone tonight to do the bedtime routine, and when I came home babe was in the bed. Hubby agreed that it wasn't worth the bedtime fight. He just feels like he's losing all his space (no office, no bedroom, etc). So I offered to turn babe's room into his office since we plan on moving in 6 months anyway. He's thinking about it. Progress!
DS was 13 months at the time! So really, we talked and he listened since he didn't speak at that point (expressive speech delay).

The office sounds like a good compromise.
Mommy to Eli and Baby#2 is offline   Reply With Quote