Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #11
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

Re: Alva vs. Diaper Rite

I'm way behind in posting these pics but thought a few of you might be interested. Just for clarification, Diaper Safari has stated that their diapers are NOT rebranded Alvas and are produced in a plant with ethical practices. Their diapers are very close to Alvas though so if you like one, chances are you will like the other brand.

Just for a comparison in the color options. I didn't realize when I was ordering but the colors are the same. On the left is an Alva, on the right is a Diaper Safari.

To make it less confusing, I decided to do the remainder of the photos with a different color dipe. Alva on the left (cream colored), Diaper Safari on the right (yellow). The snap placement on the front of the diapers match.

Both have round tabs (as opposed to square or pointy).

The Diaper Safari might be slightly wider in the crotch but it's not much of a difference.

The snaps on the tabs are different. Alva seems to have more adjustment options with the two cross-over snaps. Diaper Safari only has the one.

The inside of these particular diapers are different. The Alva in the photo only has the back pocket with elastic around the opening. The Diaper Safari has the double pocket opening. The fabric covering the front pocket opening on the DS is a funky satin-y material. I did at one point have an Alva with the double pocket opening and it had the same satin-y material at the front. They were the Alva double-gusset diapers. I unfortunately sold them off though so I can't get a pic to compare that feature.

Advertisement

dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #12
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy
diaper safari has come on here and addressed this question dirrectly.
Though I don't believe that Diaper Rite are rebranded alvas, because both DR and DS have come on here and said they are not, I do believe that diaper rite and diaper safari are coming from the same factory. This is based entirely on photos and threads I have read here, I don't actually own any of them,
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #13
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Alva vs. Diaper Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
Though I don't believe that Diaper Rite are rebranded alvas, because both DR and DS have come on here and said they are not, I do believe that diaper rite and diaper safari are coming from the same factory. This is based entirely on photos and threads I have read here, I don't actually own any of them,
I agree. I have both diaper safari and diaper rite covers in my stash and they are almost identical in every way.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #14
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I got a diaper rite to compare and I think the diaper rite elastic is just a bit looser because its way more gentle on my DDS thighs! Anyone wanna trade diaper safari for diaper rite? Pm me if u do!