Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Luxurious bamboo velour simplex :)

I adore the large simplex on my girl but I find the Birdseye gets kind of rough even with Ecover/seventh gen so I decided to sew some bamboo velour on the tongue part of the soaker and just lay it in like the os with fleece. It worked awesome and just wanted to share

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Luxurious bamboo velour simplex :)

Wow, that is such a great idea. I am really loving our Flips stash, but I would like to get like 3-4 AIOs to store in the diaper bag that wash REALLY easily. I am out of the house all afternoon with 5 kids in tow at least 3 days a week and I would like to not have to buy disposables for my youngest. I am going to try using our Flips for going out but I'm a little reluctant to be dealing with multiple pieces in that situation I know Simplex washed and dried much faster than a BGE for us, but I just hated that birdseye inner.

I like SOFT and fast drying which is why I love the new Flip daytime organic insert/flats instead of regular flats, but this might be the answer! If I could sew on a layer of organic cotton velour instead I would probably love them and I bet they would work for our wash/dry needs. I might see if I can order a few plain white mediums from GMD (and figure out where my OCV went!) if trying to use Flips and padfolded flats doesn't work for us for outings.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

It was so easy too worth a try for sure. I love how well simplex washes and dries too.