Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2013, 06:56 AM   #1
Jelymead
Registered Users

Damp Diaper?

Hi all -
I'm new to CD (about three weeks into it now) and I'm noticing a weird trend. In some of the diapers I bought used, the outer cover sometimes feels damp. It's not "wet," really... it's weird. Sometimes they leak (which I've found I just needed to adjust the rise and other snaps), but most of the time they don't, but the outside will be damp. Any suggestions?

TIA
Jessica

Advertisement

Jelymead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #2
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Damp Diaper?

How old we're the dipes when you bought them? That sounds like shot pul to me!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #3
Jelymead
Registered Users

Well that would make me mad lol I'm not sure of the age. They appear to be in good shape - no staining, no snap issues, the exterior looks good. I guess I never thought to ask how old they were...
Old 02-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #4
nana2peach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This happened to me a while back. I bought some diapers from someone, the said they were original owners, only used a year, been stored for over a year so she washed and stripped them for the buyer. I got them in, washed them, and hung them to dry.
First diaper, her pants were wet within 30 min. (I had regular pants over the dipe.)
Second diaper, pants wet within an hour... This is when I knew something wasn't right. I figured I would try to strip them. I figured it couldn't hurt. First wash i added a little bit of blue dawn. The next 8 washes were as hot as possible. One night, I added some boiling water to the washer of hot water, added diapers, and let sit overnight. I finished the wash and dryer them for 30 min on med heat, then Hung them. It worked... These diapers are the bomb!!! They are my go to diaper on most days.
I was to a point where I was ready to throw them away, so this heavy duty stripping was my last option. I figure I couldn't hurt what I was going to throw away...
Hope something works for you.
nana2peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
One Acre Wonder Farm
Registered Users

Are the damp diapers pocket diapers? If so you can turn the inside out and check the PUL for cracks/delamination.
One Acre Wonder Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #6
Jelymead
Registered Users

Yes, they are pocket diapers. I will have to try the heavy duty stripping if I continue to notice it. It's not every time, it's only sometimes. And it's not noticeable enough to say "OMG does she even have a diaper on?!" It's just slightly damp. Weird!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #7
mylilemma&sofia
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana2peach
This happened to me a while back. I bought some diapers from someone, the said they were original owners, only used a year, been stored for over a year so she washed and stripped them for the buyer. I got them in, washed them, and hung them to dry.
First diaper, her pants were wet within 30 min. (I had regular pants over the dipe.)
Second diaper, pants wet within an hour... This is when I knew something wasn't right. I figured I would try to strip them. I figured it couldn't hurt. First wash i added a little bit of blue dawn. The next 8 washes were as hot as possible. One night, I added some boiling water to the washer of hot water, added diapers, and let sit overnight. I finished the wash and dryer them for 30 min on med heat, then Hung them. It worked... These diapers are the bomb!!! They are my go to diaper on most days.
I was to a point where I was ready to throw them away, so this heavy duty stripping was my last option. I figure I couldn't hurt what I was going to throw away...
Hope something works for you.
I gonna try this on a few oh Katy that I bought on used.
mylilemma&sofia is offline   Reply With Quote