Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
When to....

Wash baby clothes, pack hospital bag???

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: When to....

I already washed clothes, actually the whole nursery is ready
I probably won't pack a hospital bag until 35 weeks, I don't have 2 of everything I want to bring so a lot of it will need to get thrown in on our way.
We are hoping to get a new car in the next few weeks if we find one we like, so then we'll install the car seat, probably around 35 weeks.
This week we are going to play with furniture arrangements in our bedroom, my cousin gave me a full sized Arms Reach co-sleeper which is awesome, but huge(and currently assembled in my living room). So we need to figure out how everything is going to fit.
I think that's all we really have left! I will probably put all the things I want for the baby at the hospital in the diaper bag(coming home outfit, bottle just incase, ect. we'll just use the disposables they provide at the hospital)
Old 02-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

I washed baby clothes this weekend... I've started thinking on packing mostly because i read over the list they give you here and relized I need to buy a lot of things still... espeically on the baby side (we get a lot less provided here) but some for me too... like nursing bras.

I'm also starting to have some anxity/paranoia about baby coming early... so I think getting started on packing might settle my nerves a bit.

ISO: Fuzzibunz Elite OS, Lg Boy-ish G-diapers, MEAF M, ML, L
IHA: Sm G-diapers, pouches, g-cloth, NB Alvas, NB Sandies, NB Prefolds, NB Bummis covers
KendallMarie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I like to have everything good to go by 36 weeks.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #5
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't do anything until there's room here, lol. But normally I don't do any washing of clothes or diapers until 36+ weeks - I don't want things just sitting around for months not getting used, then I'd just feel like I needed to wash them again!
That goes for all the other, big stuff, too - like blankets and car seats and swings/bouncy chairs - I'll get it all dug out and washed when there's room for them, and sometime after 36-37 weeks.

I usually will put together baby's hospital bag at that point, while putting away things - just sort out what I want to take with us.
My own bag I can't really do much with because I need stuff daily, clothing and toiletry wise, so I usually get things packed like nursing pads and bras, pp undies (yeah, I have ones I use only for pp, lol), and then a list of everything else I'll need/want - we'll gather and pack those in early labor.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I washed diapers last week, am washing my hospital clothes this week (32 weeks) - I have clothes that really only fit when I'm HUGE and are great for nursing

and I will wash my baby clothes next week (33 weeks). Just to keep me looking forward to something.

and I like to have my bag packed around 36 weeks, but I think I will start at 34 weeks because it's on my mind and I'd like to have fewer things to think about.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #7
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
My own bag I can't really do much with because I need stuff daily, clothing and toiletry wise, so I usually get things packed like nursing pads and bras, pp undies (yeah, I have ones I use only for pp, lol), and then a list of everything else I'll need/want - we'll gather and pack those in early labor.
I was thinking about this.. and for me, I decided just to buy new of everything. well.. not everything.. but toiletries. Because I will eventually need a new bottle of shampoo and conditioner, a new bottle of hair mousse, a new toothbrush

so I figure it won't go to waste.. and it'll put my mind at ease.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I was thinking 36 wks too. We are basically ready to go though. If a newborn came home today we would be ok, though for convenience I would like to get a swing and bouncer. Lol
Old 02-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #9
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Clothes are washed but I might have my mom throw them in one more time. I dont have any of my wool clean though. I am not sure if I want my mom to attempt that or not...

Bags are mostly packed. My c-sec bag is packed. My post-birth bag is mostly minus toiletries. But I dont have an emergency bag- that will just be my phone, charger, medical card, and knitting!

Everything else is setup!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #10
birdinhand
Registered Users

This will be weird this birth because we will be staying home, so I don't feel a lot of pressure to get anything ready. If we needed to transport, the hospital is literally 3 minutes away, so we could just go and I could have dh come back home and gather anything I needed later.

I don't have a carseat yet, but I won't have a nurse checking to se it is properly installed before leaving.

I have bought clothes and washed them as I got them, so everything is washed and in the dresser already.

I do need to buy my homebirth kit and have that on-hand.

I guess I will need to get food things and some things like towels, etc., ready to have at home.

In the past I have had my bag ready by about 33 weeks. I have always packed a couple of bags -- one has everything I would need or want during labor, so I could bring that in with me in labor. Then the other bg had my after-birth clothes/toiletries, plus baby's go-home stuff in it, which dh wold being in later. That way I dind't have to dig through my going-home clothes to find my comfort items.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote