Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
Registered Users
Talking Crazy unbelievable Ergo deal.... and it's authentic!

I'm so excited mama's, I have to share my score!

On January 31st, a friend told me about this crazy sale an online retailer was hosting that included Ergobaby carriers. I checked it out, and sure enough.. they had original and organic carriers for as low as $65.00, and designer print carriers for a slow as $72.00.

I signed up under her invite and received a $25.00 off first order discount. It was a total impulse buy because I was so excited.. but I ordered the Petunia Pickle Bottom "Heavenly Holland" print, listed for $72.00. After my $25.00 discount plus $7.95 for S&H... I wound up paying.....

$54.95!!! for a $145.00 carrier.

So after getting the confirmation and letting it sink in... I remembered... the internet is known for counterfeit items galore.. and Ergo is a frequent victim. Yikes!!! So naturally I ended up nervous, thinking I was going to wind up with a counterfeit Ergo.

I contacted Gilt who assured me it was authentic and authorized through Ergobaby. The CS lady was great and explained to me that there was a slight delay in shipping because the sale ended up having an overwhelming turn out, but she also assured me they do not deduct money from the purchasers account until the item has been prepared for shipment.

I checked my order status every day. On February 8th, it had finally changed from "processing" to "your order is being prepared for shipment," and the money has been deducted. So at this point, I'm even more excited.. and anxious... and nervous. Of course the retailer isn't going to tell me if it's a counterfeit carrier. I guess I'll just have to wait until it comes and verify for myself. Wait.. no I don't. And I have no idea why I didn't think of this sooner, but I can go directly to Ergo and see if they have any information regarding the sale.

So that is exactly what I did and Ergo CS confirmed the gilt sale is indeed legit and the carriers are authentic.

Holy moly girls. I scored a $145.00 designer Ergo for $55.00! I've never even seen them USED for that price. I am on cloud 9. Seriously. Baby girl is due in 5 weeks and my Dh was laid off 3 weeks ago.. so this is a huge blessing to us.

Now I feel bad because I didn't share the deal with my fellow DS mamas, but I didn't want to risk recommending a potentially counterfeit product, since I had no idea if it was going to turn out to be legit or not, KWIM? I don't know WHY I didn't think to contact Ergo directly sooner (like BEFORE I risked being jipped, LOL!) but I wish I had so I could have spread the news with y'all. Both Ergo and Gilt did say this isn't the first Ergo sale Gilt has had like this, so it's definitely worth it to keep an eye on them. And I will definitely share here if I notice the sale again.

Sorry so long... I'm just reallllllllllly excited, LOL!

I'm Julie. I'm a lucky wife to Micheal and a SUPER blessed mama of 5! Jordyn (12.21.04) Preston (4.10.06) Kyson (6.24.07) Gavin (12.18.08) and Londyn. (4.19.10)
Expecting Emersyn Jewel in March 2013!

Last edited by mommajewels; 02-10-2013 at 08:20 AM.
mommajewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
Registered Users
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Crazy unbelievable Ergo deal.... and it's authentic!

Awesome!! And yes- share next time
Erin- Helpmeet to David, Deaf. Reformed Christian. Homeschooling. SAHM to 5 on earth, 3 in eternity and currently in the family way! Edd July 2014! Grow baby grow!
erin_c_odonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
Registered Users

man! I always find out about these deals after the fact! how do I find out before!
Wife to my Honey Bunches 9/25/2010

Momma to my Baby Boy 3/12/12

Lost my second to heaven @6 weeks 5days 8/14/13
MommaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

sweet! our TJ Maxx has been getting Ergos. I've seen regular ones there for $40-$50 & saw an organic one for $70 (told my pregnant friend & she went & got it ).
Kathlin wife to Errol mama to my big girl Kezia (4/08) , my ft woolie wearing little guy Cowan (11/10) , & rainbow babe Agnes (10/13) we're a co-op dwelling family I blog [/URL]
Junipervt is offline   Reply With Quote