Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Zenni for kids glasses

DS will be needing glasses...possibly in the next month. We go back for another exam in march (had one 6 months ago). We get a 50% discount at a local eye place because DH is a firefighter but I'd like to get a backup pair just in case. Has anyone ever ordered from zenni for their kids?

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Zenni for kids glasses

We have - they're great! They have a really good selection for kids' glasses (they're actually not quite so great (selection wise) for adults), the order arrived within 2 weeks, and the glasses were perfect!
We got 5 pairs (2 for me, 3 for DD) for just under $100, and we were pleased with them all. DD has broken one pair (actually, DS3 helped out with that!), but for whatever they cost (I think those ones were less than $10) it's not such a big deal, kwim?
We've gone through and have a bunch sitting in our favorites that we still have to go through - waiting for tax return time.

It's very easy to order, just have the Rx printed at the optometrist's office and have it handy. The site will give you the measurements of the frames/glasses, so you may want to measure him for that - we found it helpful to actually go try on glasses in a few different stores and measure the ones we liked, then took the measurements home and found ones that were the "right" size!
You will need to measure the distance between his pupils - DH did ours. Just put a mark on the edge of a piece of paper, had us look straight ahead (like out the window), lined the mark up with one pupil and marked where the other was, measure and voila.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #3
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Never for kids, but many times for myself and I've always been happy with it.
marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I would love to, but they do not carry lenses in my son's prescription.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #5
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:28 AM   #6
CDNMommyofmany
Registered Users
Formerly: CDN Mama of 4_08
seller
seller

We always order from Clearly contacts...my son who is 6 wears a high prescription (+5 in both eyes) and we ordered him some from zenni last summer and the lenses are so thick and heavy he refuses to wear them...they don't do refunds either. Clearly contacts does free returns for up to a year and we have literally ordered 10+ pairs from them, and no questions asked if you get them and don't like the fit/colour etc...
Proud Stay-at-home-mama to 6 (including 4 preemies 29-35 weeks); who enjoys reading, homeschooling/unschooling and trying to make everyday as stress-free as possible for my 2 precious sons with Autism
CDNMommyofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:28 AM   #7
CDNMommyofmany
Registered Users
Formerly: CDN Mama of 4_08
seller
seller

We always order from Clearly contacts...my son who is 6 wears a high prescription (+5 in both eyes) and we ordered him some from zenni last summer and the lenses are so thick and heavy he refuses to wear them...they don't do refunds either. Clearly contacts does free returns for up to a year and we have literally ordered 10+ pairs from them, and no questions asked if you get them and don't like the fit/colour etc...
Proud Stay-at-home-mama to 6 (including 4 preemies 29-35 weeks); who enjoys reading, homeschooling/unschooling and trying to make everyday as stress-free as possible for my 2 precious sons with Autism
CDNMommyofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #8
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My dd who is now 8 has been wearing Zenni glasses since she was 5. She has broken some (and even lost a pair) and I am so thankful that they are so cheap.

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #9
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNMommyofmany View Post
I'll have to check them out....just did and see they're a Canadian company but it seems that coastal.com is the US version. The sites are the same just with different name.
I tried to get the distance measurement today and it was difficult. Trying to get an aspie to make eye contact for more than 5 seconds isn't an easy task!

Last edited by AVDesigns; 02-10-2013 at 07:28 AM.
AVDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #10
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've wanted to but have trouble measuring their PD. My husband has and has been happy with his.