Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #11
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

So much. With DD1 I only had tiny gdiapers & happy Heinys minis. Hates both of them. With DD2 I had a nice mix of prefolds, fitteds, and AIOs. But she peed through them all. If we could have another, I would just use disposables until the OS diapers fit.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #12
mmeneely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Your second newborn stash! What did you change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancy Baby View Post
Oh also, I'm wondering how a KL0 compares to orange workhorses? I like the snap down on the KL0s, so maybe snapless workhorses would be similar? But not as squishy
Both the fit and absorbency are different. We are cd'ing our fourth babe and the KL0 makes for a much more 'round' bottom. If you get them, the newest version are very much different from those from 4yrs ago. They have a more absorbent inner now and dry in an hour - not TWO dryer cycles. GMD wash and dry as quickly as a load of tea towels!
Either way - cloth diapers must be changed very frequently...
mmeneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #13
QuartzandPyrite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Omg my first NB stash was pathetic: 6 (!!!!) gDiapers w 18 gcloth and a dozen infant prefolds. I had NO CLUE what I wanted or what I was doing.
Since then I have tried every diaper under the sun, so this new NB stash looks like:
5 BG XS AIO
5 imagine bamboo AIO
2 lil joeys
6 infant prefolds
Probably a dozen S prefolds from GMD or imagine
12 imagine bamboo XS prefolds
A few KL0s cause they are so dang squishy
18 GMD WHFs orange edge
24 GMD WHFs yellow edge
10 covers mostly RaR NB and Thirsties Duo 1

My parents and grandma are taking shifts helping out (yay!) so I wanted to have plenty of AIOs on hand for them and the hubby. I plan on mostly using the WHFs and prefolds. My son will be 18 months and likely won't be pt-ing for a little while so I decided I would rather have more than I need on hand for sanity's sake, and will probably wash every night or every day and a half or so until the output slows down a little! plus I go functional over anything else most of the time and I hate the thought of a whole stash of leaky AIOs...I hear so many complaints about every brand of AIOs but so many raves about prefolds and fitteds for newborns.
Congratulations!
QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #14
ravenchow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just prepped my 2nd newb stash yesterday

For LO, I was new so this is what I had when we got home from the hospital:
-3 dozen orange prefolds
-10 mf Thirsties xs fitteds (discontinued)

Soon I added in about 10 Kissa hemp fitteds, can't remember which size. They were nice, but a bit stiff.

I had at least 8 each of small BG AIOs & their bamboos, both of which have been discontinued.

We had 3 dozen yellow prefolds, but we started transitioning out of prefolds for the above & then the huge stash of BG pockets I had. The yellows didn't get much love. By a year old, our WAHM AIOs & BG/FB pockets just couldn't handle LO's crazy peeing. Back to prefolds we went at about a year....browns & large flats with hemp. At 2 1/2 that's what we're still using.

I've since learned that I prefer flats & prefolds due to absorbency, so here is the stash I prepped yesterday, minus any wool we have. Plus, I have 2 dozen Swaddlebees flats upstairs & a bunch of RaR OS covers that are no longer being used because LO can't wear them anymore.

This is my "new" stash. Most is new, but there are a few used items here (and of course the wool, in another location, not ready yet).

-2 dozen GMD orange organic prefolds (same in yellow)
-1 dozen GMD orange organic Workhorses (same in yellow)
-1 dozen small GMD flats
-1 dozen GMD organic preemie prefolds for doublers
-4 Lil Joeys (don't think I"ll like these & kinda regretting buying them, but got used)
-covers include Nikkys, proraps, Duos (very familiar), 1 newborn RaR, 1 preemie Imse Vimse

-infant prefolds on pillow are for me as pads, as suggested by some FB friends (Cottonbabies, cheapies...no GMD for mama...ha ha )

In addition to LO's toddler stash, we also have 2 dozen organic red GMD prefolds & 1/2 dozen WHs waiting to be prepped at a later date. I don't think the absorbency of the WHs in bigger sizes really works with my heavy pee'ing boys so I only got 6 reds. I doubt I"ll bother with brown.

ds (12/99), 4 mcs, LO (May 2010), Newb (April 2013), 5th mc

Last edited by ravenchow; 02-10-2013 at 06:29 PM.
ravenchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #15
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

I totally hope to have a more streamlined stash by then too, I can't stand having one or two of a bunch of diapers, especially covers! Right now our stash is a bit of a disaster so it will be nice to sell everything we don't plan to use again.

I wonder if it will be worth it to use AIOs overnight with a newborn, is that what most people do just for ease? I can't remember what we did, how bad is that!?
Dancy Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #16
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenchow
I just prepped my 2nd newb stash yesterday

For LO, I was new so this is what I had when we got home from the hospital:
-3 dozen orange prefolds
-10 mf Thirsties xs fitteds (discontinued)

Soon I added in about 10 Kissa hemp fitteds, can't remember which size. They were nice, but a bit stiff.

I had at least 8 each of small BG AIOs & their bamboos, both of which have been discontinued.

We had 3 dozen yellow prefolds, but we started transitioning out of prefolds for the above & then the huge stash of BG pockets I had. The yellows didn't get much love. By a year old, our WAHM AIOs & BG/FB pockets just couldn't handle LO's crazy peeing. Back to prefolds we went at about a year....browns & large flats with hemp. At 2 1/2 that's what we're still using.

I've since learned that I prefer flats & prefolds due to absorbency, so here is the stash I prepped yesterday, minus any wool we have. Plus, I have 2 dozen Swaddlebees flats upstairs & a bunch of RaR OS covers that are no longer being used because LO can't wear them anymore.

This is my "new" stash. Most is new, but there are a few used items here (and of course the wool, in another location, not ready yet).

-2 dozen GMD orange organic prefolds (same in yellow)
-1 dozen GMD orange organic Workhorses (same in yellow)
-1 dozen small GMD flats
-1 dozen GMD organic preemie prefolds for doublers
-4 Lil Joeys (don't think I"ll like these & kinda regretting buying them, but got used)
-covers include Nikkys, proraps, Duos (very familiar), 1 newborn RaR, 1 preemie Imse Vimse

-infant prefolds on pillow are for me as pads, as suggested by some FB friends (Cottonbabies, cheapies...no GMD for mama...ha ha )

In addition to LO's toddler stash, we also have 2 dozen organic red GMD prefolds & 1/2 dozen WHs waiting to be prepped at a later date. I don't think the absorbency of the WHs in bigger sizes really works with my heavy pee'ing boys so I only got 6 reds. I doubt I"ll bother with brown.
Wow! Looks awesome I totally want this for next stash! Plus the AIOs for daddy, and we already have flats. We had some lil' joeys but sold them because they were way too small for ds when he was born!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #17
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My second was VERY different. My first CDed newborn was before I found DS so I thought OS diapers would fit I have a bunch of OS pockets, 3 xs bg, 3 size 0 KLOs, and a few infant prefolds with a thirsties cover. So we used quite a few sposies in the beginning. With my second, I had a full stash of newborn diapers, a little of everything. Some stuff worked, some didn't. If I CDed a newborn again I'd honestly do mostly small flats and a few fitteds. Newborns just grow so fast I felt like my second NB stash was kind of a waste..though it had good resale value.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #18
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

So true about them growing out so fast....makes me just want to keep having more babies!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #19
holocene
Registered Users

Last time we did organic prefolds and thirsties covers. This time we are planning 1/2 AC size 1's with Greenline infant soakers, and fitteds with wool. So no prefolds, and no exposed PUL covers this time... haha.

♡ evah - mama to sam & ari.

Last edited by holocene; 02-10-2013 at 07:01 PM.
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #20
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24 View Post
Why didn't you like the KLOs or simplex? This is what we are planning for our newborn rental and I very much value your opinion.
Well to be fair we had the older version of KL0 and I have heard that they are better but I disliked them so much I wasn't willing to try again. So the new ones might be great but the fit and absorbency were not working in the old style. For the Simplex I just did not like the fit or the material. They didn't fit at 7lbs then by the time they did they were okay I guess but just did not like the PUL or the bulk. I think this is personal preference though because I don't like the thicker material of Blueberries but I've heard people say they loved the thickness. So if you like their other stuff then you might love them.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote