Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #21
judyjudyjudy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Your second newborn stash! What did you change?

I did mostly BG xs all-in-one's and they worked great.

Advertisement

judyjudyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #22
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

I'm using prefold and bummi covers on a newborn till they fit one size...
I know i can find other things stuff DH willl approve of more things that looke cuter and maybe even fit better but then I get sucked into the need to buy more things syndrome. I am looking foward to hopefully CD one more but I'm pretty well over the idea of buying more. I KNOW these will work they are affordable and I can resell once done or keep for multipurpose use at home.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #23
Talia01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My first I had only 12 BG xs. He outgrew the absorbency by 3 weeks and with so few diapers & no dryer at the time I was washing constantly and had to supplement with sposies.
My second I used the same 12 BG xs and bought 18 small imagine prefolds & 4 xs bummis covers. We also now have a dryer so it was much easier to keep up on the laundry
Old 02-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #24
foundrychick
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had diaper service prefolds for first 13 months...now I also prefer my 2nd hand goodmama fitteds and wool covers or covers...but I like the simplex and econappi...I like the fit of happy heiny pockets but wish it was cotton...and I use best bottom with doublers for my 15 mo boy super soaker at inlaws for ease of aplix and drying time ease when they are sitting him while I work part time..I love BG elemental a but don't think they'll fit my huge chunky thighed baby for the next year...I also like aplix bottom bumpers ..cotton and made in USA...
For next Bebe, not planned, hoping to wait another year til trying..I plan to do diaper service for first 6months and get more rumparooz and flip covers and I also started to knit, so planning to make some more covers and shorties!
foundrychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #25
foundrychick
Registered Users

My Mood:

My inlaws have problems with my pocket diapers leaking...I think since I got so many second hand diapers that the Pul is shot??? Or the edges on thighs I think the elastic is just too shot and so the cloth wicks, I think I need some new dipes!! Oy...
Old 02-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #26
foundrychick
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't think I answered your question, but I plan to switch off diaper service earlier to all in ones that can get slapped on faster once they are mobile!! But I loved the prefolds/snappi with breast milk poo!! No blow outs with my flip covers!!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #27
reyasunshine
Registered Users
seller

Pretty much exactly what Pixi6 said! LOL. We used prefolds and covers with DD and started her at five days old (I wanted to use up one pack of sposies that were gifted to us). I WISH I would have been able to afford some NB fitteds and AIOs back then.

So this time (I'm 28 wks now with #2)... I'm doing 13 fitteds with wool and covers, and then the rest AIOs, with some prefolds/covers thrown in for good measure. I did keep our GMD orange-edge prefolds, but sold all our covers. Wish I would have kept the Imse Vimse Organic Preemie because I got it for a steal and sold it for a steal. LOL. And there is no way I can get another one for $5. *sigh*

Anywho, that's my plan. I researched NB diapers like CRAZY this time! I'm going to try BG XS, Swaddlebees NB, Kissaluvs AIO NB, Tots Bots Tiny Fit and Koala Huggerz NB. And I'm doing Mutt fitteds with a mixture of covers and wool.

How about some Sunshine and Wonder ?
reyasunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #28
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With my dd2 who was my 1st nb to cd I bought a TON and then I sold most of it.

With him I found that I loved gmd orange edge prefold, bummis nb covers, and xs thirsties. Everything else I was not a huge fan of but I did really like KL0s with a doubler.
I sold most of his stash that include bg xs bg bamboo all of the FB which I hated.

With DD I went really simple and loved it. I had the orange edge pfs and covers still and got 12 flats. I had to replace the KL0s bc elastic wore out and I got 2 xs sbish and a wahm nb fitted (not sure which one). I LOVED the flats and they made the pfs seem bulky.

With this baby I got
12 nb simplex
24 flats
and the covers still from ds2. I gave away my KL0s and orange edge pfs and I may or may not get them back before baby is here. But if I do not I will be fine.

Last edited by dagmomma; 02-11-2013 at 10:19 AM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #29
dvrgrl38
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

All I did was add more prefolds and flats. If I were selling anything it would probably be my aio's, I only have 5. Then all I'd have would be fitteds and prefolds. dh got confused when he needed to use a cover or not

ISO: 1 skein Bear and pants no sleep til Brooklyn
dvrgrl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #30
toutoute
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did not cloth diaper my first. With my second, I hated prefolds and KLO because they were so bulky on my 5lbs newbie. I loved the xs and small bg aios and fitted.

This time around (expecting my third in May), I went with xs and small bg aios, some primn n proper sherpa snapless fitted, a couple more aios like lil joey's, ragababe, nb rainshine desings and nb simplex.

I also hated the bulkiness of OS diapers, so I invested in a small stash of fitted and aios for naps. My kids are born small and stay small so I get my money worth.
toutoute is offline   Reply With Quote