Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #41
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Your second newborn stash! What did you change?

We last had a newbie in 2003 and started using cloth on him when he was 2 weeks old. We tried a bunch of different diapers in a short amount of time: Kushies AIOs (the ones that felt like crunchy plastic on the outside,lol), FuzziBunz (saggy-buns) and some sort of fitted that I don't remember the name of. We ended up going with mostly Happy Heiny's until he was older and then it was a mix of pockets/aio's/fitteds with wool/fleece.

This time, we are doing prefolds/flats during the day and fitteds at night, with mostly wool (a few random PUL & fleece covers thrown in) for the newbie, as well as later stages. I *really* want to get the hang of prefolds/flats because they are so economical and easy to wash! No AIO's or pockets this time.

~Roses~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #42
Registered Users
My Mood:
We did prefolds and covers for our first. I sold all of it and bought a big stash of aios for this baby. I will have a 16mo DS and a newbie in cloth so I wanted it to be as easy as possible this time.
K, wife to my wonderful E, mom to my beautiful A. We are CDing, country living, outdoor loving, crazy happy family!
kkleinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #43
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Your second newborn stash! What did you change?

For DS, I had 24 GMD orange prefolds, some preemie prefolds, snappis, and maybe 10 covers (bss, bsww, dappi nylon, and an iv preemie). Plus a bunch of larger size for backup. We snappied the GMD prefolds almost exclusively.

This time around, I got another dozen GMD prefolds (organic orange) and picked up a few more bsww at the consignment shop and one more iv preemie. Kept things simple, only used the GMD orange and bsww/iv preemie. We also trifolded more- for some reason, I squeezed DS in snappied prefolds until he was 6 weeks and almost 12 lb but with DD they just weren't as easy at 4 weeks. That's it, just had more of what we loved on hand.

We used the nb dappi nylon, but over GMD yellows when she was bigger. Also added flip covers which worked great once she outgrew the orange with jofolded flats (still going strong at 10 months).
E Oct 2008 (100% PL'd), Baby M arrived April 10 (100% CD'd)
Can't wait to CD again using my all cotton stash: GMD prefolds, LL flats, and BG organics!
thinkingahead is offline   Reply With Quote