Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #11
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Do you buy "seconds" or "irregular" diapers?

I just got a bunch of bg xs seconds and can not find what their issue is. They look exactly like the first quality ones I have.

Advertisement

s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:42 AM   #12
jmnanny
Registered Users
seller

I bought a second bumgenius x small and the only thing wrong with it is a red dot on the inside (haven't washed it yet to see if it'll come out) but it was 7.50 I've seen people charge more than that for preloved ones. I am happy with my purchase
former CPST. In love with my soldier DD 10/23/13 Baby #2 EDD 3-23-2016
jmnanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:42 AM   #13
mamakori
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I prefer to buy seconds (BG). I have never gotten one with a major issue and usually I cannot even tell what the problem was. It is a great way to get more for my money!
Old 02-12-2013, 07:07 AM   #14
klevmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

I totally buy seconds. Each manufacturer is a little different in what they consider to be second quality, I suppose, so you have to read how they describe their seconds to know for sure. But in general, seconds are usually cosmetic issues. Like, the stitching is a little off, or there's a dirty spot. I have one Flip second where the stretchy tab has a tiny pin sized whole. As long as the seller was honest about it being second quality and it was discounted accordingly, I think you will most likely be happy that you got a sweet deal :-)
Old 02-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #15
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

I LOVE Cotton Babies seconds!! Some of mine had a fabric pen mark or a dirt spot that washed out in the first wash. Most of mine I could never find out why it was a second, stitching and snaps were perfect and no marks. The only other "bad" second was one that had a staple in it the PUL. I removed it and washed it, and when it came out the wash the two little staple holes were closed up and I couldn't tell where it was. So Cotton Babies seconds are well worth the savings for me, especially since most if the time I can't figure out why it was a second.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #16
xa109a7
Registered Users
seller

I've bought seconds and had great luck. Most of the time I cannot find what is wrong. Other times a snap will be misalligned or a few skips in the stitching. Great value and fully functional.
xa109a7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #17
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
All of my BGE s are seconds. The first set I bought last year had black markings on them. Washed right out. This last batch I got I noticed the elastic in the back of one of the diapers isn't gathered. Other than that they work great and I get a great discount on an expensive diaper!
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #18
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

My night diapers are BG 4.0s. Most I can't find a flaw. One of them I noticed some uneven stitching when I turned it inside out to make sure it was fully dried (heard of someone who got mold on the underside of the suede cloth from it not being fully dry, so I'm paranoid about it). It does not effect performance in any way, and had it not turned it inside out I never would have noticed it.

I actually like the 4.0 seconds because they don't come with inserts, and I use flats and prefolds to stuff anyway, so I'm not paying for something I do t use.
PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #19
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yep, I love seconds. A lot of times you can't figure out what the issue is, and even when you can (like skipped stitches) it doesn't effect the diapers performance.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #20
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have never bought seconds--well on purpose. I bought red pfs here and was not told they were seconds--they were obvious seconds bc the middle thicker area was off. But I have been using them for over 3-4 yrs now and they still work great. The may have to get retired soon though but I think 4 yrs is a good amount of time with regular use.

Also I would totally do BG seconds. I just never really need anything when they have there sales. But if I need to replace something from here on out I would probably wait until a 2nd sale. I would also do a GMD seconds sale too.

I am not so quick to do a 2nds sale with other companies though bc I have heard complaints about items.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote