Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #11
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Crib at night?

I wouldn't co-sleep either. She slept better alone anyway. Some kids do better in a dark quiet room.

But, I really love the Fisher Price sleep and play. They did recall that one because of mold growth. (I guess from spitting up or bottle feeding)

Maybe there's a similar product? It was a great sleeping position for a baby. Perhaps you can borrow one from a friend, and check it really well for mold?

I guess they still sell them? http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B002M77N22 Maybe the issue has been fixed.

Advertisement

Last edited by escapethevillage; 02-12-2013 at 10:58 AM.
escapethevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #12
fii
Registered Users
seller

I have a fairly strict bed time routine, which wasn't effective til about 2 months but once established properly I started getting 8-10 hours of sleep at night.
6pm supper, then wiggle time until 7, when he gets his bath. I put a chamomile tea bag in his water and it really seems to help him relax. Then a bottle and a story in the rocking chair, and he goes in his crib at 8. Sometimes he falls asleep while I'm reading or feeding him but as long as he's dozy he doesn't fuss when I leave him in there because he knows he's in his bed now to sleep and somebody will get him in the morning.
fii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #13
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

My dd started out in a bassinet next to our bed & it worked so perfect. Then when she outgrew the bassinet she went to her own room & slept in her crib & that went perfectly until me & her both got sick & it was easier to have her with me cause neither of us could be up much now she's co-sleeping I didn't think that through for sure cause it wasn't in my plans cause she slept so well on her own so now I'm having to try to break that habit & it is so hard to do so do not start the co- sleeping unless your prepared for it cause its a hard habit to break.
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #14
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

Oh I for for to add we used a swing In her smaller days to get her asleep then transferred her to her bed. Ooh & when their old enough a bouncy is awesome it wore her out she even fell asleep bouncing a few times lol.
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #15
callejon87
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilannies mama
My dd started out in a bassinet next to our bed & it worked so perfect. Then when she outgrew the bassinet she went to her own room & slept in her crib & that went perfectly until me & her both got sick & it was easier to have her with me cause neither of us could be up much now she's co-sleeping I didn't think that through for sure cause it wasn't in my plans cause she slept so well on her own so now I'm having to try to break that habit & it is so hard to do so do not start the co- sleeping unless your prepared for it cause its a hard habit to break.
That's my concern and why we don't want to co-sleep :-/ I know that would work but not what we want to do.

Mama to Myra (Jan '13), FPIES
callejon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #16
callejon87
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilannies mama
Oh I for for to add we used a swing In her smaller days to get her asleep then transferred her to her bed. Ooh & when their old enough a bouncy is awesome it wore her out she even fell asleep bouncing a few times lol.
I think we'll try the swing tonight-seems to be a good idea!

Old 02-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #17
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilannies mama View Post
This. I had this happen with DS2 when DS1 was born. He need extra attention and in my sleep deprived/new mommy brain fog gave in and let him sleep with me for "just a few night" it turned into every night and it was really really hard to get him back into his own bed.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #18
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by callejon87 View Post
I think we'll try the swing tonight-seems to be a good idea!
Yes, we did this with our oldest when he went thru a sleep regression at 6 months or so. We also do not cosleep and use the crib straight from birth. He was fine but then later had a regression. I think it started as a growth spurt that woke him up from hunger, then waking at night became a habit (he had been STTN for months before that). Anyway, a week or so in swing "reset" his internal clock and then he was back to using the crib.

Some babies are just super stubborn, though, so be prepared. 3 weeks is very very young yet. My oldest three kiddos all STTN by 10-12 weeks using many techniques you mentioned in your first post. My youngest is 15 months and JUST started STTN. I just say that so you don't worry too much. We do our best, but every baby is different and I have learned to go with the flow
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #19
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree with everything said so far. I would definitely be careful with the swing. I too did that with my son but would do it in spurts and not all the time. My friend however, used it all the time until her son outgrew the weight limit and he had a VERY hard time transitioning out of it.

Definitely for these early months the swing is a godsend but I would keep up with what you are doing for naps. That way you know that she CAN sleep in her crib when she has too.

HUGS though. My son is and I am sure always will be a terrible sleeper and I have tried EVERYTHING. All of a sudden at 12 months it just clicked and he started sleeping 12 hours at night? Did nothing different, he just did it when he was ready. I stressed and stressed about his sleep habits and I wish I hadn't because nothing worked...
Old 02-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #20
callejon87
Registered Users
seller

I just spent $1 in a womb sounds audio track in iTunes and put it on repeat, put her right to sleep. Maybe we'll try that in combination with some of these other ideas and see if that helps! I was hoping to not need to "cater" to her too much so she needs x, y, z to fall asleep, but she's still so little I'm ok with some white noise for now