Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
Liaklong
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pregnancy right after Vasectomy?

Hi . Have any of you mamas gotten pregnant after your dh had a vasectomy, but before he went in to check back at 12wks to see if be was clear. My dh had one in early Dec and we were aware that he would still be fertile for a bit, but have decided to take our chances. We figured if we were meant to have a third child then the fates could decide. Honestly, I think our chances are slim (sigh) because I just got my first period since March 2011 a few weeks ago & I was only able to conceive on Clomid for my 3 pregnancies because my ovulation cycles are so unpredictable.

I'm still nursing my ds & have just noticed a bit of breast tenderness the last few days (different than a blocked duct). That was always the first sign I was pregnant before, but I'm prob just overreacting.

So I was just wondering if any mamas had actually gotten preggers right after a dh's V. Thanks

Advertisement

Liaklong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
mommy2boys2007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy right after Vasectomy?

It is possible. Also the breast tenderness plus mean you are about to ovulate. Mine are so sore the days leading to ovulation. Do you have any other symptoms/signs as to being preggo or ovulating?
Jamie, mama to DS-Daniel- 04-06-2005, DS- Michael- 06-16-2007(my birthday present!), DS-Samuel-12-13-2009, DD Abigail- 01-02-2012 baby #5 due October 1, 2013
mommy2boys2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
Liaklong
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've been extra sleepy, but who knows . My ds hasn't ever slept more than 3-4 hours at a time & he's 13M. So it's not like i get much sleep anyhoo. I'm not ready to get a pregnancy test yet, but my mind is wandering . My cycles have always been irregular. Before kids, I only got my period every 3-4 months. I tried to track ovulation w/mucus changes, basal temps, etc.. but after trying & having no luck for about a year we tried Clomid. It worked, so for my pregnancies I kind of tracked my ovulation before by counting days post Clomid. I know there's a slim change that I happened to get pregnant this time, but there's that part of me that would love one more pregnancy. So maybe it's just wishful thinking, even though I am so blissfully content in my life w/ my amazing children I have. I am so blessed & dh & I mutually agreed upon the V. Hmmm, guess I just was wondering. Thanks for your response mama!!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:29 AM   #4
AmeliasMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not me, but my SIL did. Her DH got cut, and at his 6wk check, she was pg. Turns out it was a botched V, which resulted in yet another babe for them. He pretty much had 2 V's, LOL. My FIL had the same situation exactly, resulting in my youngest SIL.
AmeliasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #5
MakingHome
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We've had several friends get pregnant in the final weeks before, or the first month or two after, getting a vasectomy.

I do think its common -and interesting- that many people find that they kind of hope for a baby after deciding to get or actually getting the permanent measure. It reminds me of the same phenomenon that happens when someone has a "pregnancy scare" but then finds tht they want to be pregnant.... Funny how that happens.

I aim to encourage Christian women at Making Home.
MakingHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:55 AM   #6
Liaklong
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well, I guess we'll see I've been crampy & would expect my period this week. So I should know by Friday.

We were always content with having two of our own and adopting 1 or 2 more kiddos once we are more settled. But if life blessed us with another now, I would be happy too! It is funny how the impending permanence makes me long for another. Emotions can sneak up on you sometimes Either way though, I'm a happy momma. My children inspire me everyday!
Old 03-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #7
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:

it defineatly can happen, but odds are slim. But you have the right attitude! my little cousin was born after my uncle had a V... but it was YEARS after!

Catherine Grace (6)
John Gabriel (4)
Laura Josephine (1)
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote