Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #11
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Prepping siblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
we moved her to her 'big girl room' and she said that the toddler bed was her little bed. I have been telling her that's the baby's bed, but it will be easier when we actually put the crib side back on.
We've always tried to take the crib down totally, put it away and all, so that they see they have their own bed now. That way the crib isn't their's when we bring it out for the next baby.
Of course, that hasn't happened this time with Levi and the crib.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #12
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
We got her a great book 'I'm a big sister!' that she adores. She knows there's a baby in my belly (I mean.. to the extent she can 'know'.. she repeats it), but she also just assumes daddy has a baby in his belly too.. lol the other day she noticed that my belly and my friend who is due in March - her belly were both big and she went back and forth touching them.. so I think she sees that something is.... different about something.
My almost 4 year old also has a pregnant teacher. She says there's a baby and a duck in her belly, and DH has a baby, duck, and puppy in his tummy. She also says her bellybutton is the babies face. She tells me every time I eat/drink I have to share with the baby, and if I say I'm tired/hungry/sick/sad/etc she says the baby is too. She also asked if I was going to eat the baby clothes so baby could where them in my tummy. And my personal favorite, is convinced the baby is going to come out my butt.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #13
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
My almost 4 year old also has a pregnant teacher. She says there's a baby and a duck in her belly, and DH has a baby, duck, and puppy in his tummy. She also says her bellybutton is the babies face. She tells me every time I eat/drink I have to share with the baby, and if I say I'm tired/hungry/sick/sad/etc she says the baby is too. She also asked if I was going to eat the baby clothes so baby could where them in my tummy. And my personal favorite, is convinced the baby is going to come out my butt.
LOL!

My 5 yr old watches everything I eat. I was drinking coffee the other day and he said to me "Now remember mommy whatever you eat and drink goes to the baby so you shouldn't be drinking coffee bc it is not good for the baby." He is going to mae a great husband someday.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #14
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DS is almost 3. We talk about "baby brother" a lot and he has given the baby a nickname "pickles". I also bought him a book called "I'm a big brother!" I think that book helped a lot, but he is a reader so it fits him. I bought the Dr Sears sibling book, too. It looks like a fabulous book for older kids.

I tried to sign Joey up for a sibling class and tour at the hospital, but its two days before my best case scenario delivery so I don't know if he will make it. We are in such a state of flux that I am not worried about this transition. I am prepared for some bumps, but I just can't worry too much about it right now.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #15
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
We've always tried to take the crib down totally, put it away and all, so that they see they have their own bed now. That way the crib isn't their's when we bring it out for the next baby.
Of course, that hasn't happened this time with Levi and the crib.
oh, she absolutely loves her new room and her new bed. but the changing table is still in the nursery... so..

I don't think you could pay us to take it down without a good reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
LOL!

My 5 yr old watches everything I eat. I was drinking coffee the other day and he said to me "Now remember mommy whatever you eat and drink goes to the baby so you shouldn't be drinking coffee bc it is not good for the baby." He is going to mae a great husband someday.
that is hilarious! also the one about the kid's preggo teacher
Old 02-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #16
Southern Momma
Registered Users
Formerly: MorrigansMomma
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD is 4 and we've talked a lot about what it'll be like with a newborn in the house. She was thinking baby would come out sitting up and able to talk

We've also talked a lot about breastfeeding and how that works. She's been VERY curious about that.

We have no nearby family or close friends so there's a very real possibility that DD will be there for labor and delivery. Once I'm in labor her grandparents are coming but they are 6 hours away. So, we've talked a lot about labor, how baby will come out, what mommy will be doing, etc. We've watched a lot of VERY detailed videos and she's understanding it all very well. The hospital and my midwife know she may be there and my midwife has been AWESOME with her! DD asks as many questions as I do at our visits. DD tells me now that it will hurt very bad and that I must be very brave but she will be there to hold my hand. She really wants to "catch the baby", too

Last edited by Southern Momma; 02-15-2013 at 12:36 PM. Reason: grammer
Southern Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #17
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Momma View Post
DD tells me now that it will hurt very bad and that I must be very brave but she will be there to hold my hand. She really wants to "catch the baby", too
Aww! That's cute!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote