Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
briggsy13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lost 50 lbs but still feet fat

Granted I still have another 30 lbs I want to lose but still. I think I'm having a hard time really "feeling" smaller. I am lifting weights and working out 6 days a week and have more muscle now than I probably have ever had in my whole life. Even when I was young and athletic I didn't lift weights so had less muscle.
My clothes are smaller, and I know its all in my head but I don't know how to fix that. Yesterday I had a bad day, feeling grumpy and frumpy. I felt fat and jiggly and just wanted to binge on junk food. I refrained mostly from eating too bad athough I didn't weigh my snacks last night so I probably went over. Still nothing crazy.
Any advice on this? I'm scared I'm gonna lost 30 more lbs and still feel fat.

Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lost 50 lbs but still feet fat

I mean, I'm not overweight and I have "fat" days. I think you just have to mind over matter it, and have a flattering set of clothes to wear on those days.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
mhschool6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh mama! I am feeling the same way!! I have lost 62 lbs, and all the jiggly that is left, has left me feeling, jiggly! I keep telling myself, I am stronger, and healthier. I guess I just always thought if I lost weight, I would look great! It is interesting for sure. I like you, have another 30 to lose, atleast! But I am fearing the same thing. And now, I have been the same weight for 3 months. I am gonna have to step it up!!! I recently decided, that losing that much weight carries scars from our past life, as obese people. I would compare it to pregnancy. For most of us, even after our first baby, our bodies dramatically change. I have stretch marks from my knees to my armpits!! LOL! But I don't mind, those marks remind me of these wonderful babies I have been blessed with. And so, my jiggly skin, it is a reminder of the weight I once carried, but now am free of. Just scars. Hugs to you!! I look forward to hearing how you continue on your journey~!
Hannah- married to M for 14 yrs: Mama of 7 amazing children! Ages 13yrs down to 23mos And expecting #8 January 2014!!!
mhschool6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Time to reward yourself with a new outfit that fits the new you if you can afford it. I have tried several times to lose weight since my youngest was born without success. I do know how you feel though. When I lost 60 lbs I still felt fat. Of course I still had 75 lbs to go but still, compared to before I was skinny. Getting a new outfit in a smaller size than before that made me look good was a real mood booster though.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Are you taking pictures as you transform? I took my 1 month photos yesterday ans was shocked at how much change there was that I couldn't see or remember just looking in the mirror. If I wasn't doing that I would probably convince myself nothing was changing too. Hang in there, you will get to your goal! I try to find realistic stories of women like myself online, most transformations posted online aren't realistic. I'm sorry, but no I don't feel sympathetic to women who (sob, cry) have a "horrific" 15lbs to lose and voila just like that in 2 months they're barbie. I will never look like some of the after photos. I've birthed 4 children and gained a lot of weight and extra skin in the process. But I'm alive and by eating and working out like I've been doing I've knocked my risk of heart problems and diabetes down drastically. I actually feel like I can get through a day without wanting a nap anymore. I have also read that for most women who are significantly overweight and out of shape there's a tipping point where the amount of muscle you have gained finally starts to burn the rest of the fat efficiently and you finally get to see the results of your hard work. Chin up! You're over half way there, look at how hard you've worked. Think about where you'd be if you hadn't started. Don't focus on the minor missteps, focus on the HUGE task you've accomplished and be proud! I agree with the other ladies, a new flattering outfit often makes me feel good. But if that's a more overwhelmingly negative thought that positive what about a new piece of workout gear you've been wanting? That helps motivate me too!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
briggsy13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies!!!
I was actually looking for a picture from Christmas 2 years ago which was my heaviest. My baby was 2 months old and I still weighed the same as when she was born. I can't find that picture though. I pretty much avoided the camera those days but I know there is one of me with all 4 kids (stepdaughter too). I took a picture back in October when I started lifting weights and have a few in between shots. I need to figure out how to line them up next to each other to see the real difference cause its hard to see clicking back and forth.
I'll keep you posted on my progress!!