Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #11
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

You might want to take a lot of care if you're looking into bamboo. It's a rayon that is heavily processed. Oeko-tex certification might suggest it has less chemical residue. But for super sensitivity I'd suggest plain-o cotton.

Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #12
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII
You might want to take a lot of care if you're looking into bamboo. It's a rayon that is heavily processed. Oeko-tex certification might suggest it has less chemical residue. But for super sensitivity I'd suggest plain-o cotton.
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize. I thought bamboo would be natural. I'm planning on having some GMD wide baby's converted into tinkle traps, but I'm looking for some other options that might be more absorbent without causing rash issues. I've been unsuccessful in CDing overnight or while in the car for multiple reasons and while at home I change very frequently.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #13
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Favorite natural fiber fitted and why

I love Poppy Fields too.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #14
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

I believe kissaluvs have hidden layers of microfiber too, or certainly once did, so you might want to look carefully at those as well
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #15
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrunchymama
I love Poppy Fields too.
Oh wow those do look nice, but not on my budget lol.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #16
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou
I believe kissaluvs have hidden layers of microfiber too, or certainly once did, so you might want to look carefully at those as well
Why are they doing this too me:/ I'll check more carefully. Right now I'm leaning towards an organic Sandys to give a go. I really liked the idea of the contour kissaluvs being one size though. I don't need the smaller size right now though because my LO is 16 lbs.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #17
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaMommy2

I'm interested in the Sandys. I don't have any bamboo either so I could try both at once. Do you have any experience with the kissaluvs fitted or contour diapers with hemp. My LO tends to be a super soaker.
Havent tried either. Sorry
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #18
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We really like our organic cotton sandies, steer clear of the bamboo though, my sensitive lo breaks out in them the organic cotton are great though! And we like the standard cotton colors, so far no issue with those either also the small sandies last a long time, my 2 year old just outgrew them at 23 lbs.

Last edited by marliah; 02-12-2013 at 07:16 PM.
marliah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #19
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah
We really like our organic cotton sandies, steer clear of the bamboo though, my sensitive lo breaks out in them the organic cotton are great though! And we like the standard cotton colors, so far no issue with those either also the small sandies last a long time, my 2 year old just outgrew them at 23 lbs.
Yeah I think I'm going to steer clear of the bamboo then. That's good to know about the sizing. My LO is 16 lbs now, but her weight gain has started to slow down now so the small would probably last us a while. If I got the large then her woolies wouldn't fit and that would be a big problem. I still use pul covers when I run out of clean covers or I need her to be 100% dry like in the car, but I know when I change her shell have a rash. I was thinking if I could find a better fitted then I could avoid using pul as my backup since its a guaranteed problem.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #20
alisonsjulejb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have heard awesome things about greenline covers if u need a breathable cover. And u wouldn't have to worry about it leaking in car etc
alisonsjulejb is offline   Reply With Quote