Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #11
SillyLily's Avatar
SillyLily
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,081
Re: Canada Shipping HOLY increase??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumfyKozies View Post
Yes, as of January 28, 2013, all shipping prices through USPS increased. International shipping most noticeably so. Many went up 75-100+%. And the previous poster is correct- There is still no delivery confirmation unless you ship Priority.
First-Class Package International Service
Effective January 27, 2013, the Postal Service is transferring First-Class Mail International packages and rolls from the market dominant (Mailing Services) product list to the competitive (Shipping Services) product list and renaming it First-Class Package International Service™ (FCPIS). The same mailing requirements such as price groups, maximum value, and weight limits apply.
The pricing structure for FCPIS will be more simplified in that there will be one price of $6.55 for 1- to 2-ounces to anywhere in the world; 3- to 4-ounces within each country price group will have identical prices; and 5- to 8-ounces within each country group will have identical prices. New for January 2013, free electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International offers scan events for customers using select software or online tools. E-USPS DELCON INTL is optionally provided for First-Class Package International Service to select destinations. It will be available only to Canada to start with.

------------------------

That is from here: http://about.usps.com/postal-bulleti...2/html/kit.htm

It is only available if you print shipping online. I ship through either stamps.com or ebay/paypal and it IS included through both of those shipping services.

Advertisement

__________________
Mindy - Mom to 4
Zulily Referral Link - Deals on unique, boutique clothes and toys for kids and mamas.
Check out my eBay store!
Like to travel? Travel deals referral link.
SillyLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #12
fish3737's Avatar
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 8,882
My Mood:
Re: Canada Shipping HOLY increase??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyLily View Post
First-Class Package International Service
Effective January 27, 2013, the Postal Service is transferring First-Class Mail International packages and rolls from the market dominant (Mailing Services) product list to the competitive (Shipping Services) product list and renaming it First-Class Package International Service™ (FCPIS). The same mailing requirements such as price groups, maximum value, and weight limits apply.
The pricing structure for FCPIS will be more simplified in that there will be one price of $6.55 for 1- to 2-ounces to anywhere in the world; 3- to 4-ounces within each country price group will have identical prices; and 5- to 8-ounces within each country group will have identical prices. New for January 2013, free electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International offers scan events for customers using select software or online tools. E-USPS DELCON INTL is optionally provided for First-Class Package International Service to select destinations. It will be available only to Canada to start with.

------------------------

That is from here: http://about.usps.com/postal-bulleti...2/html/kit.htm

It is only available if you print shipping online. I ship through either stamps.com or ebay/paypal and it IS included through both of those shipping services.
That makes sense as to why the postal guy had no idea what I was talking about. LOL


Can anyone do this online. I tried to follow expats tutorial the other day about making a label, but I never could get it to go all the way through.
__________________
Julie - SAHM to Daniel 11/06 - 34 weeks, Elizabeth Anne 5/08 - 35 weeks Katie Marie - 3/10 - 36 weeks, 6 days
fish3737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #13
Beesgirl's Avatar
Beesgirl
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 4,165
My Mood:
$7.65 for ONE PUL cover...that's at least a 100% increase!
__________________

Kate, mama to
Miles (2.11.06), Levi (6.24.09) and Isaac (9.25.11)
Beesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #14
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Canada Shipping HOLY increase??!!

Yup, it sucks for using FSOT.
It's always sucked for us to sell stuff online, cuz to sell we need to price things the same as everyone else, but we have to pay that shipping cost out of it - making pretty much nothing on every transaction.
Now it just makes it useless to buy used as well. Might as well pay for new and have less shipping (or no shipping, with a lot of sites/stores).
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #15
kirst's Avatar
kirst
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,318
Re: Canada Shipping HOLY increase??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Yup, it sucks for using FSOT.
It's always sucked for us to sell stuff online, cuz to sell we need to price things the same as everyone else, but we have to pay that shipping cost out of it - making pretty much nothing on every transaction.
Now it just makes it useless to buy used as well. Might as well pay for new and have less shipping (or no shipping, with a lot of sites/stores).
This is exactly the problem...doesn't really encourage people to keep things out of landfills by buying/selling used baby items online.

I pretty much don't bother with eBay anymore....it's the same to buy new from a big box site that have free shipping over a minimum for most things.

I still buy and sell a fair bit on Kijiji, but not anything that requires postal service or PayPal.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #16
era
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 255
My Mood:
Re: Canada Shipping HOLY increase??!!

A tip for you US mamas, if you can flatten your diapers/covers and seal it in a zip lock bag, you can actually mail it via letter mail and it will cost much less, usually a couple dollars. This is especially useful for covers since they don't have much bulk. That is how I've been able to afford shipping to the US
__________________
Erin, wife to J, mama to DD (04/2010), and DS (11/2012). Missing LO (05/19/2011).
era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #17
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Canada Shipping HOLY increase??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirst View Post
This is exactly the problem...doesn't really encourage people to keep things out of landfills by buying/selling used baby items online.
Yup. And I hate that.
I usually do just sell my stuff FSOT and eat the $$ I lose - which is essentially all of it. Noone is going to pay $15-20 for a used diaper, and that would still only get me back half of what I paid, if that. So, $8-10 per, and then it all goes to shipping. Basically, everything I have sold ends up at or darn near FFS.
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #18
Heathsal78's Avatar
Heathsal78
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Montgomery County MD
Posts: 819
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by era
A tip for you US mamas, if you can flatten your diapers/covers and seal it in a zip lock bag, you can actually mail it via letter mail and it will cost much less, usually a couple dollars. This is especially useful for covers since they don't have much bulk. That is how I've been able to afford shipping to the US
I'm a newbie to shipping to Canada. How do you ship via letter mail?
Heathsal78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #19
tygr2410's Avatar
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Where the peaches grow
Posts: 11,712
My Mood:
Re: Canada Shipping HOLY increase??!!

Here's a chart

US to Canda rates (up to 4lbs), in store.....
Weight - Price
1-2 oz. - 6.16
3-4 oz. - 6.91
5-8 oz. - 7.70
9-12 oz. - 8.24
13-16 oz. - 9.50
1 lb. 4 oz. - 10.76
1 lb. 8 oz. - 12.02
1 lb. 12 oz. - 13.28
2 lb. 0 oz. - 14.54
2 lb. 4 oz. - 15.80
2 lb. 8 oz. - 17.06
2 lb. 12 oz. - 18.32
3 lb. 0 oz. - 19.58
3 lb. 4 oz. - 20.84
3 lb. 8 oz. - 22.10
3 lb. 12 oz. - 23.36
4 lb. 0 oz. - 24.62
__________________
FSOT-please browse here-
Dyed OBV blankets, loveys and fabric cuts in stock now @ hyena cart and "like" me on facebook hereThe Painted Pixie
tygr2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #20
Beesgirl's Avatar
Beesgirl
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 4,165
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410
Here's a chart

US to Canda rates (up to 4lbs), in store.....
Weight - Price
1-2 oz. - 6.16
3-4 oz. - 6.91
5-8 oz. - 7.70
9-12 oz. - 8.24
13-16 oz. - 9.50
1 lb. 4 oz. - 10.76
1 lb. 8 oz. - 12.02
1 lb. 12 oz. - 13.28
2 lb. 0 oz. - 14.54
2 lb. 4 oz. - 15.80
2 lb. 8 oz. - 17.06
2 lb. 12 oz. - 18.32
3 lb. 0 oz. - 19.58
3 lb. 4 oz. - 20.84
3 lb. 8 oz. - 22.10
3 lb. 12 oz. - 23.36
4 lb. 0 oz. - 24.62
Thanks!
__________________

Kate, mama to
Miles (2.11.06), Levi (6.24.09) and Isaac (9.25.11)
Beesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.