Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #41
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Whats the oldest youve nursed?

28 months with DD and that was past my personal limit. It got to the point to where I dreaded it.

Advertisement

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #42
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

22 months so far. DD is still nursing now, I'm tandem nursing her and DS. I think she'll nurse for quite some time still, she loves her "nigh nigh"
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #43
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith+2 View Post
My oldest weaned at 6.5 years old, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. He truly self-weaned, and he didn't nurse one day longer (or less) than he needed to. DS2 nursed for 4 years and a few months, and that's just what he needed. DS3 is 17 months, and we'll see how long he nurses.

Elizabeth, I think I have you "beat!"
That is so neat! My longest yet was 4.5 and he woke up one morning and said "mom how do I do this?" and I said I don't know, he stopped trying then never tried again, it was bittersweet. I hope we an beat his record though my mil said her grandma nursed one of her sons til he was 8 that he would come home from school and nurse sweet
Old 02-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #44
KandFsMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: keirinsmomma
seller

My Mood:

DD nursed until 3 1/2 and we stopped because I was pregnant and it was so painful. At that point she was just nursing at night and in the morning, and only for a few minutes.
DS will be 2 in April, and still hardly eats food, he's a boob monster, so I imagine he will nurse just as long
Old 02-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #45
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

14month as i dried up from next pregnancy right away & had to stop. i know people that went up to 3 yrs & older & tandem nursing.....
Old 02-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #46
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My daughter was 42 months when she was weaned. I did the stopping to it simply because I just couldn't take it anymore.

My son is 34 months old, but I'd like to end because I'm pregnant, and it hurts sooooo bad everytime he latches on.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #47
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my first 2 were done by 18months but now i am tandem nursing my son who is 2 1/2yrs (3 in july) and our baby who is 7 months...i think he will probably wean by 3 but we shall see
Old 02-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #48
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DS self weaned at 11 months and I was crushed! I was set to nurse until age 2+ but he just lost interest. Now I'm expecting any day and will nurse her until she self weans. For whatever reason, DS has been showing interest in the breast lately and if he decides he wants to nurse again, I will fully support him

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 02-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #49
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymamaNY
My daughter was 42 months when she was weaned. I did the stopping to it simply because I just couldn't take it anymore.

My son is 34 months old, but I'd like to end because I'm pregnant, and it hurts sooooo bad everytime he latches on.
Don't feel bad!! You did/have done great!
MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote