Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
sambelina
Registered Users

My Mood:
Ecoposh help

Hi there,
I have been a member for a long time, but I have never posted. I am sure this has been talked about, but I don't know how to find it. I'm having some major issues with some used Ecoposh one size diapers that I bought. I bought them and didn't realize how stinky they were until just recently. I wish I had known before so I could have just asked for my money back. Sigh... Anyway... I hear this is a common issue with them and that the "usual" ways of stripping the stink out doesn't work. So far I've done 3 hot washes with no detergent and one hot wash with some tide. It definitely got better, but it's still there. I sunned them today, but still stinky. I haven't had a chance to use them yet since my lo isn't due until October. Anyway... if there's another post about this and you can link it, that would be great. If you have a ready answer, that's great too! Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

sambelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
sambelina
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Ecoposh help

Bumpity bump. I'm thinking I may just try the stripping routines some of you have mentioned. Any specific help would be awesome!
sambelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
eileprose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just ordered some eco posh diapers, I am really interested to hear what works for you. I didn't know that stink was more common in them. Good luck and hopefully someone will have some suggestions!
eileprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
ursaminor
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Soak them in a bucket with Bac-out over night, and then wash them. Bac-out is magical for my DS' stinky night trainers (our washing machine broke and I do not do laundry as often as I did before).
Old 09-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #5
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Have you tried some bleach in your wash?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
sebastian711
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am interested too, having the same issue. The kanga care website says no Bacout, no sunning, no soaking, that all these things damage their diapers. I may have to "damage" mine because otherwise the stink makes them not usable!
sebastian711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #7
AmandaA
Registered Users
seller

The only thing that worked for me was a vinegar soak. Honestly don't remember where I read about that method for getting the urine salts out... not sure if it was somewhere here or another website.
FYI- I did use bleach on it for a while too. I think it slightly changed the color, but the change was consistent (no weird splatters or anything funky). That was the only effect I saw from using bleach, but it wasn't something I did long term. I finally had to break down and do something (bleach, vinegar, etc.) because the diaper was useless to me with residual stink and ammonia issues. I have since given up on fitteds at night and gone back to sposies, because it was just getting too complicated to try and get them clean in my FL'er. But this particular diaper was my biggest challenge.
AmandaA is offline   Reply With Quote