Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #1
a_marines_wife03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
thoughts on CLE for Science and History

I have curriculum for math and language arts/reading and they were free so I have saved a little extra to be able to buy some curriculum. I have trouble figuring out what to teach for science. I came across CLE LightUnit set for science it seems with in my budget range and I wanted to get some thoughts on it. Is it laid out what needs to be done day to day? How is it for hands on? my girls love hands on activities?
I am also interested in the bible study and may be the history. units too can anyone tell me about them.

Advertisement

follow my blog: http://mommaof3-littlebits.blogspot.com/
If you have a product youd like me to blog about send me a message.
a_marines_wife03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: thoughts on CLE for Science and History

I have not used these as of yet, but I've done some research and just purchased them to try. I don't believe they are considered 'hand-on', but more of a workbook style and they learn to do some of it on their own as they go. I have read that depending on the grade you may need to get the teacher manual too - say for early elementary (not always for later elementary or middle school). The Bible and History are set up the same way - worksheets and not real 'hands-on'. But, for the positive I have read that it is very easy to use and very easy for Mom (me and you) to follow and understand what needs to be said and taught and then what the child needs to do in the workbook. I've also read it's a very thorough curriculum and doesn't leave out much as far as what the child should be learning and should know when the unit is over.

Also, since the units are sold separately you can buy what you need and spread it out over a whole year if funds require that you do so.

Check out this facebook group if you are a FB member - they are pretty chatty - it's for CLE users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/169040137156/