Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
BrittBBT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Blocked/Bruised Duct/Mastitis

I am VERY prone to these. I battle this, on average, 2-4 times per year... the pain lasts for a week or so each time. I get a lot of symtoms of Mastitis-- chills, achy legs, nausea, killer throbbing heachache that is almost migraine status, and swollen, hot, incredibly painful breast.

DH bumped me yesterday on accident, right on the edge of my breast by my ribcage. Within hours, my boob was killing me. The nausea and headache began just as I was heading to bed last night. I got barely any sleep. Nursing my toddler was torture! I just don't understand why I have such a severe reaction?? I doubt I get Mastitis this often...and it always clears up within 10 days on it's own.
Anyone have experience with this? It makes me want to wean, but I believe in nursing for 2 years, so.... I deal. LO is 15 months.

Advertisement

Brittany-mama to a bunch!Wife to Joseph Missing Zahra and Jayden my NCC and SAHM to Evan (5) Gavin & Bryce (3) and Avery (10.27.11)My planned UC, Daddy-caught Boobie Monster! 8lbs, 20'' long and 14'' head circum.
BrittBBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
birdinhand
Registered Users

Re: Blocked/Bruised Duct/Mastitis

I was going to suggest lecithin taken as a supplement, many women find it helps. It emulsifies fat, and if that could be the reason the ducts get blocked, it can help.

But here is an excellent info link you might find helpful. http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/moth...rent-mastitis/

Hope you feel better soon!
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
BrittBBT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinhand
I was going to suggest lecithin taken as a supplement, many women find it helps. It emulsifies fat, and if that could be the reason the ducts get blocked, it can help.

But here is an excellent info link you might find helpful. http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/moth...rent-mastitis/

Hope you feel better soon!
Thank you! I will be sending DH out tomorrow for some.
Brittany-mama to a bunch!Wife to Joseph Missing Zahra and Jayden my NCC and SAHM to Evan (5) Gavin & Bryce (3) and Avery (10.27.11)My planned UC, Daddy-caught Boobie Monster! 8lbs, 20'' long and 14'' head circum.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:36 PM   #4
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I seem to get it more often as my babies become 12 plus months. No idea why
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #5
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What kind of bra do you wear?

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #6
BrittBBT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkify
What kind of bra do you wear?
Usually, none. I usually wear a sports bra if I have company at home. In public, I wear an underwire push up bra.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:14 PM   #7
BrittBBT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3boys1girl
I seem to get it more often as my babies become 12 plus months. No idea why
Me too! So odd, huh? My boy still nurses very often, even at night so it's not like its an engorgement issue... my breast tissue is very thin and I feel like that may be why I get them so often and easily.