Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #11
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How to clean peed in shoes?

DS1 did this after a birthday party. Leather shoes. I poured soapy (dawn) on them many many times and then rinsed w/plain water and let dry.

I might have also sprinkled baking soda in them

There were fine after that.

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #12
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

my son just did the same thing had a pee accident and it ran down his leg into his shoes and they were the same material that fake suede and I just washed them in the washer and they're fine not ruined at all. i let them air dry by the heat vent
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #13
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

If they can't be washed in the washing machine, go to your local pet store and get some Nature's Miracle... it's an enzymatic cleaner used to clean urine, poo, vomit. Just soak the shoes well in it, and let them air dry.
BigSamsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #14
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Kaun View Post
Title says it all. My dd peed herself on the bus yesterday. I asked her why and she said she forgot to use the bathroom at school the entire day. She got on the bus and had an accident on the way back because she could no longer hold it. I was able to get the backpack and coat clean but the shoes I'm not sure what to do about. They are new. Do I have to junk them? Lysol? Air out? Or could they possibly be washer/dryer safe?

Also, same tornado drew in pen on her jeans. I can't get it out, any suggestions? I feel like ever since I became pregnant the terrible twos came back twofold except she is 6! I didn't realize kids that age still regress when a new baby is coming.
First - to the bolded - isn't it amazing!?! My DD is also 6 y/o and I am due soon. And I also am totally blind-sighted by this! I do think some of it is actually a stage they are going through though. .... or maybe I should say I "hope" some of it is just a stage.

What kind of shoes are they? I would totally toss them in the washer/dryer, unless they are dressy-type shoes. And even then, I'd be tempted to put them in the washer/dryer and then air dry them. I wash all my kid's shoes in the W&D. If they're too clunky in the dryer, I just hang them out to dry. You can also put the oven on "warm" and put them in the oven with the door open to help them dry faster if she needs them ASAP. They'll dry by the end of the day that way (or at least mine always did growing up).

For the jeans, try buying some rubbing alcohol that has the type of cap with just the single hole where it will squirt out (I am not describing this very well....) and you can just squirt it on the pen, and it should *help* though it might not pull it all out. Rubbing alcohol removes ink from all sorts of things. (it also works on permanent marker that your child uses to draw on your hardwood floors!)
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #15
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Kaun View Post
They are those skater type shoes. Suede (or suede looking material), black and hot pink. I tried to find them on the website of store where I bought them but they didn't have them online (walmart). They were expensive-ish for a family that buys shoes 3 pairs at a time so I'm a little disappointed if I have to junk these. Oh well though, I buy them from walmart for reasons like these those. If these were the 60 dollar kids shoes from somewhere like Journeys I'd be panicking more.
Def try washing them before you junk them!!!

Worst case scenario - the wash kills them. Then you just junk them like you were going to, anyway.

I still think you can wash them in the washer and air dry them, probably. My DD has a pair that are pink and black and the pseudo-suede type material and I wash them in the washer (maybe the same ones? They're Airwalks - hand-me-downs for us). The suede is now shiny rather than all soft looking. But TBH, I don't care that much about what her shoes look like, so long as they are not totally trashed.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:42 PM   #16
supermansmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I would also throw them in the washer, and let them air dry. I also put shoes in the washer. I just washed a pair of suede moccasin type slippers last week. They came out fine

I was going to suggest hair spray for the ink, but that probably works because it has alcohol in it.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 02-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #17
poohbear1208
Registered Users
seller

I would throw them in the wash and airdry them. I wash the kids' shoes all the time- nikes, dress shoes, Skechers, sandals. Works like a charm
poohbear1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #18
arihillfarm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear1208 View Post
I would throw them in the wash and airdry them. I wash the kids' shoes all the time- nikes, dress shoes, Skechers, sandals. Works like a charm
There's not much I won't try washing in the washing machine. I put shoes in with regular laundry so they don't get too bounced around and then let them air dry.

-Astrid
WAHM to DD 13, DS 6 and DS 3 and I'm a Magic Maker with Off to Neverland Travel, specializing in Disney! Ask me about how to get the vacation of your dreams (Disney or elsewhere) for the best price and service possible at no extra cost to you. "Like" my agency page on Facebook for the latest travel specials!
arihillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #19
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:

Ok, I ended up throwing them in the washer on delicate because I picked them up to soak them and almost puked. Dang super sniffer nose. Anyway, I did it twice because I smelled a faint wiff of it still the next time and now they are drying. They didn't ruin! *WHEW* Thank you for all the advice, everyone.

Kiliki: Isn't it crazy? I thought I was in the safe zone with a 6 year old! I hope your 6yr old comes out of the stage soon too.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #20
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We throw them in the washer and let them air dry.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote