Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Pink84
Registered Users
seller

Nautilus vs Frontier

Is the Frontier worth the nearly $100 price difference???

Advertisement

Pink84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

There was just a thread on this titled to the effect of harnessed seats for older kids. Still on page 1, worth reading
Old 02-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nautilus vs Frontier

I have the graco and find the bottom buckles to be very stiff. I have slender child and the bottom buckle just barely fits.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #4
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink84
Is the Frontier worth the nearly $100 price difference???
I got the frontier because I have long bodied kids and it has the highest hip to shoulder measurement allowing me to keep my almost 6 year old in a 5 point longer. I have been so pleased with it I will be putting my other similar bodied boys in their own when it comes time.

Whether it is worth the extra $100 or not is not a question I can answer for you but I bought it. Shopping around I don't think the difference was that significant. I had a Nauti before we got into an accident and I replaced it with the frontier. I am positive I paid $195 which makes for like a $65 difference and the frontier has a higher weight limit also.

My state requires boosters to 4'8/8 years/80 lbs so I plan in using it for a while longer.

my iPhone is a trixie little hobbit that never really says what I mean!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #5
Pink84
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches

I got the frontier because I have long bodied kids and it has the highest hip to shoulder measurement allowing me to keep my almost 6 year old in a 5 point longer. I have been so pleased with it I will be putting my other similar bodied boys in their own when it comes time.

Whether it is worth the extra $100 or not is not a question I can answer for you but I bought it. Shopping around I don't think the difference was that significant. I had a Nauti before we got into an accident and I replaced it with the frontier. I am positive I paid $195 which makes for like a $65 difference and the frontier has a higher weight limit also.

My state requires boosters to 4'8/8 years/80 lbs so I plan in using it for a while longer.

my iPhone is a trixie little hobbit that never really says what I mean!
Thanks! I saw the Nauti on Amazon yesterday for $119 (I think) & the Frontier on another sit for $209.
Pink84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
MrsJordan85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have both and I prefer the Frontier very much. It seems more comfortable and much more solid, if that makes sense. The Nauti is a good seat also, but I think the Frontier is way better.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #7
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DS1 tried out a bunch of seats and declared the Frontier more comfortable by far. He also tried the Recaro which to me looks super comfy, but he did not like at all. That and the 9 year expiration (I can pass it down to DS2 who is 5 years younger) sold me on it.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #8
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I prefer the Frontier. It has a deeper, longer crotch strap, which is nice if you are using it for older kiddos.

But, if money was tight, I'd buy the Nauti without a second thought.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #9
jess71903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Those aren't the only 2 options for combo seats, either. There is the Evenflo SecureKid, Recaro ProSport (already mentioned and more expensive than the Frontier), and the new Harmony Defender 360. All have at least 18" top slots, and at least 65lb weight limits, which should get almost all kids to safe booster ages, then turn into good highback boosters. The Defender also becomes a backless.

Gage is Redefining Spina Bifida
jess71903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #10
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess71903 View Post
Those aren't the only 2 options for combo seats, either. There is the Evenflo SecureKid, Recaro ProSport (already mentioned and more expensive than the Frontier), and the new Harmony Defender 360. All have at least 18" top slots, and at least 65lb weight limits, which should get almost all kids to safe booster ages, then turn into good highback boosters. The Defender also becomes a backless.
Yep, we (I) looked at all of them. Eventually made the decision to buy the Frontier for one car & the Harmony Defender for the other (I haven't bought the Defender yet, just made the decision to do so ). DD is really tall, so the strap height was the seller for me with the Frontier. Not enough that I needed to buy it twice, as DD is only in my car for very short drives & only occasionally, but I feel better having a seat that will easily harness her for quite some time yet. I figure one Frontier + one Defender = 2 Nautis, which had been the original plan, KWIM?
carriek38 is offline   Reply With Quote