Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Amazon subscribe and save 5% or 15%

I recently noticed this on my Amazon subscribe and save:
Save 5% when you subscribe to regular deliveries of this item. Save 15% on your entire delivery when you subscribe to 5 or more items that arrive in the same month. No commitments, no obligations, and shipping is FREE.

How long have they been doing this? I need to reassess some items I currently get online and see what might be cheaper using the 15% subscribe and save. Unfortunately, I think I would only have 3 or 4 items that would be shipping with the same frequency, not 5, but I will look into it and see.

Before I discovered vitacost, I used to use subscribe and save more frequently, and I think they gave me 10% off at that time? Something like that? Maybe even 15 just on one item? So they are trying to save money now while also encouraging people to use their system a lot.

Advertisement

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:41 AM   #2
nickelmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Amazon subscribe and save 5% or 15%

Between the amazon mom and subscribe and save they have really changed their policies. I notice my subscribe and save items all ship at once and I can't change the date if I need them sooner.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #3
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

We stopped using sns for that reason. I have prime and I want my stuff asap not in, two weeks.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #4
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

We stopped using sns for that reason. I have prime and I want my stuff asap not in, two weeks.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes, you really have to plan ahead, as it's permanently stuck to a certain day of the month. But I discovered that 8 products which I routinely get online are cheapest via subscribe and save. So I will order 6 mos worth of everything via SNS. If I decide a couple of them aren't worth it or are only needed once every 12 months, I can cancel or skip shipment on up to three of them .

Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
Old 02-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just signed up for Amazon Prime and was surprised by how it works. I ordered stuff mid-Jan and it won't be delivered until the end of February? That's crap. I understand they are trying to reduce their shipping costs, but here's an idea....how about you ship me my stuff in it's original box instead of boxing it up again with a bunch of air pillows?

5% off isn't that great a deal unless the item was marked down significantly to begin with.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #7
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Badmisterkitty, in my experience, everything except for subscribe and save items ship immediately regardless of whether you have amazon prime (which I don't). With subscribe and save you have to plan ahead, as it is a scheduled day of every month. Since I was able to bundle my subscribe and save as described above, I got 15% off on everything, and this is what made it worthwhile. I agree that 5% is pretty small savings.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #8
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I used to subscribe & save all the time and it came right away. Does Prime s&S just work differently?
Old 02-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #9
briggsy13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty View Post
I used to subscribe & save all the time and it came right away. Does Prime s&S just work differently?
they have now changed it to one shipping day for the month. I guess it depends on who you are as to what your date is. Mine is the 6th. It used to be it would ship immediately it just took longer than the 2 day prime shipping.
Sadly the last order all 3 items have gone missing in transit, thankfully amazon has reshipped with 2 day shipping all 3 items. I am out of 2 of the items and have been waiting on it since last Weds the supposed arrival date.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #10
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

That's a pain, briggsy!

Badmisterkitty, my parents have amazon prime, and their regular purchases ship immediately and via a fast delivery. It is just S&S that is once per month.