Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
FormallyMichele
Registered Users
Formerly c****f
seller

My Mood:
Sams Club Memberships

So....I was wondering about the logistics of sharing a membership. My sister, mom and I all have separate memberships.

I was thinking about having one of us cancel our account (sister or me) and just share. We have two cards (one for DH and myself) and so does she.

I know it's probably not legal...but just wondering if anyone has experience.

Advertisement

FormallyMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #2
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Sams Club Memberships

i gave one of my cards to my sister. we have different last names and live in different cities. I asked them when I got mine how to do it, and the guy on my end put her info in the computer, and when she made it to her sams, she just went to customer service and got her card. I assume its ok to do, since they have a system in place to do it

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
tjs77tsa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It depends on the store the one here requires that you both have a photo id and the addresses have to be the same for you to be put on the same membership.
tjs77tsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
FormallyMichele
Registered Users
Formerly c****f
seller

My Mood:
My mom has used my card several times with no problem. They never check the crd against my drivers license. I hate to cancel my membership and then have it not work though.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #5
tjs77tsa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Did you try it? I know they don't usually check the card once you have it it is just getting the second card that requires the id here. I would call the store and ask what you need for a membership and who qualifies to be on one together if you haven't done it already.
tjs77tsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
FormallyMichele
Registered Users
Formerly c****f
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs77tsa
Did you try it? I know they don't usually check the card once you have it it is just getting the second card that requires the id here. I would call the store and ask what you need for a membership and who qualifies to be on one together if you haven't done it already.
Good idea!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #7
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:

We have a BJ's membership, not Sam's, but in the past when I didn't, I used my MIL's card. It has her picture on the card, but I had no problem using it. Now I have my own card and half-priced membership through my father's small business.
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #8
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

If only one family has the card(s), it's a pain in the rear. My mom had the membership in her name and always had to go shopping with her. She would go and not tell me, or I would need to go and she would have just been there. I felt bad pulling them away from their activities just so I could go.....yeah, we got our own membership at Costco.

I noticed Costco cards don't have pictures on them. How do they know I'm using my own card?
Old 02-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #9
SarasynFox
Registered Users

My Mood:

A friend of mine used to work at Sam's. Technically they're not supposed to allow people to share memberships unless they live in the same house, but it happens all the time. A lot of the employees really don't care about it, and it's kind of an unwritten rule, so technically there's nothing written that says you can't. Personally I think it's a great idea because those memberships are so expensive. That's why we don't have one. The cost of membership compared to how realistic it would be for us to shop there and make it worth it just doesn't add up. We don't have the room to buy in bulk and I would rather buy meats at the butchers. If we had the opportunity to share a membership with a family member or a neighbor that would make it much more worth the expense.
SarasynFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #10
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty
If only one family has the card(s), it's a pain in the rear. My mom had the membership in her name and always had to go shopping with her. She would go and not tell me, or I would need to go and she would have just been there. I felt bad pulling them away from their activities just so I could go.....yeah, we got our own membership at Costco.

I noticed Costco cards don't have pictures on them. How do they know I'm using my own card?
Our Costco card do.
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote