Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-16-2013, 02:10 AM   #1
Registered Users

Anyone know if its safe to take while nursing? My nursling is 7 weeks. 3 older kiddos tested positive yesterday, just kinda thinking ahead should I start getting symptoms.

[SIZE="3"]Married to Mike~ Proud mama to Mackenzie (13), Madelynn (9) ,Marleigh (25months), and Noah (11months) We are a family
nursemama23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Yes it is
Emily - Mom to Joe (7/07) and tiny guy Adam (5/12), Wife to David ISO: OBV fitteds, aplix freetimes, amazon gc, Signing Time DVDs, WAHM baby lotion/wash, shea butter, infant Kinderpack, shorties
mpink22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Tamiflu

The real question is, is Tamiflu safe for you? And I don't think that there are any published studies about nursing while taking Tamiflu, so I am not sure that "yes it is" is based on science. I think that it doesn't cross into the milk in significant quantities, but even small quantities may be harmful to would not take it. ever. It's one of the scary ones, for me.
Sara- mommy to Claire (01/10) and Micah (3/12) and someone new (10/14)
Birth doula and life-long student of Everything! Need a doula in the central VA area? Let's talk!
songbird516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
My Mood:
Re: Tamiflu

Yes, I believe it is safe. I took it while in the 3rd trimester of my 4th pregnancy when I started getting sick with swine flu. I am asthmatic and my midwife who is very anti-meds strongly suggested I go with it in our circumstances. My children all took it too because they have health issues (one of my children is immunocompromised) and my DH was the only one that did not. He was so sick he literally was in bed for a week with a 104 degree temperature and ended up needed an inhaler, and he is typically never sick. I was fine which was a huge relief given the risk factors. I would absolutely take Tamiflu again if I was at risk and I don't typically take meds for much of anything.

Hope your family is all feeling better quickly!
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote