Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #21
shan1212
Registered Users
seller

Re: whats the best diaper bag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
Do you have the brb 1 or 2. Sorry to thread jack. Wanting to see who loves the version 2
I got the BRB2 in the diamond pattern. I haven't actually worn it yet, though. The trip is in 4 weeks.

And I've worn the BFF as a backpack a lot too, and it works great. That would be my recommendation to the OP.

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #22
Dearest Diapers
Registered Users

I had a Timi & Leslie for my kids and then switched to a OiOi Diaper Bag when my son was about 1. I get bored easily and needed something new
Old 02-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #23
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchamberlain View Post
After 3 kids, I just got a Skip Hop Studio bag off of Ebay that I love! It has so many pockets (I have the bronze/brown color) and outside bottle pockets. I usually use an LL Bean Backpack or tote bag, but this looks so stylish! Love the stroller clasps, also. It has an antimicrobial pocket in the back, too, that zips shut and comes with a changing pad. I scored mine for $25, so don't give up!
I have this one in purple and love a lot about it, too

Ignore typos...probably nursing, typing with one finger on my left hand while wrangling two toddlers. yeah, I'm that good.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #24
AmandaA
Registered Users
seller

I have 2 PPB's but right now we are using a canvas bag from Land's End (don't recall the name but it has a long shoulder strap and the shorter handles both). Love that it is pretty much just one big bag without a bunch of pockets or compartments. I can throw anything in and go. Keep all of my cd stuff in an itsy ritzy bag that matches nicely and makes it easy to just pull it out for changes or unpacking at home. For me, just toss in my wallet and a small cosmetic bag of odds and ends with phone/keys/etc in the outside pocket. I am a sucker for anything monogrammed so love that it stands out on the canvas bag. Price was great so I won't feel guilty when I get tired of it and want to go back to my other bags and will surely use this well beyond diaper bag days.
AmandaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #25
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Bump.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #26
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a PPB Boxy Backpack, Touring Tote, Crosstown Clutch and a Weekender. I also have a Fleurville Re-run Messenger and Sling Tote. And a Lands End diaper bag, a Gap diaper back pack and a Sally Spicer diaper bag.

Of all those, I use the PPB Boxy Backpack, Sally Spicer bag and Fleurville Re-Run Messenger the most but just got the PPB Weekender since I need a much larger bag (my little guy has medical problems so we have a lot of extra stuff to bring out with us).
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:53 AM   #27
mammacandoit
Registered Users
seller

I have a 31 bag that I use. It's the Cindy Tote. I love it. It fits all of my lo stuff and looks like a large purse.

mammacandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #28
filiadeluna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Anyone have cheaper suggestions? The JJB BFF bag looks AMAZING, but I just can't justify the price right now with all the other stuff we need to buy for baby and our new house. I had a Skip Hop before, and it fell apart pretty quickly. Also had a JJ Cole Bag that only lasted maybe a year before a pocket broke on it. I want something that will last a couple of years, and has plenty of space for CDs and snacks for my 4yo, plus "purse" space, but I think $100 would be at the top of my price range, and I'd prefer to only spend maybe $50-$70 if possible.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #29
March
Registered Users
seller

Maybe look into the JJB buy/sell/trade group on Facebook. New diaper bags that retail for $75 or under are the ones you described not wanting. In the FSOT section here, Mom and Dad forum, there are some PPB and JJB bags listed.

Last edited by March; 02-17-2013 at 03:27 PM.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #30
eschillo
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna
Anyone have cheaper suggestions? The JJB BFF bag looks AMAZING, but I just can't justify the price right now with all the other stuff we need to buy for baby and our new house. I had a Skip Hop before, and it fell apart pretty quickly. Also had a JJ Cole Bag that only lasted maybe a year before a pocket broke on it. I want something that will last a couple of years, and has plenty of space for CDs and snacks for my 4yo, plus "purse" space, but I think $100 would be at the top of my price range, and I'd prefer to only spend maybe $50-$70 if possible.
We've got a clearance on jujube bags right now...only a handful left... A few packabe's, be all's and be hips...
Shop.diaperparties.com
eschillo is offline   Reply With Quote