Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #111
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 17th - 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Mine were still uncomfortable/painful today, but not in my back like the past couple days.

We dtd still, though not as often as I'd like! (well, him too!) My belly is in the way of most positions, and being on top is nearly impossible because of the pain from SPD, so that only leaves spooning. Not a bad thing, but I'd like some kissing too, lol.

Yeah, the nb swaddlebees simplex. I found 4 of the 5 I really want available up here, can only find "stars" from swaddlebees themselves in the US - but they want $33 for shipping... ah... no. Thanks anyways.
I may still get the 4 I can find up here - just debating with the $$.

for luck with the van shopping!

I want:
tweets
swirls
baby bloom
butterflies
stars

I found all but stars up here on a site/store. Debating whether I really want to spend the $$!

If the RRL tea is causing cramping, I'd stop drinking it. Maybe it's not the best "fit" for your body

I assume you mean the scar from your c-sec? It would be down very low, basically where your outside scar is. Well, assuming you had a normal incision.
Those were what I had too! I really wish I knew sooner

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #112
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
and don't let's get started on DTD.
I'm right there with you. I've tried to prompt DH and put myself out there, and he's not really interested in DTD in my current state. I asked if there was a slight fear, and he admitted to it. Like you, going without isn't anything new to us, as a military couple. I end up taking care of myself.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #113
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I read that the c-sec incision is normally in the lower segment of the uterus. Its only higher if there's a crazy rush to get baby out or if the placenta is in the way (placenta previa).
Yes. If they do a vertical incision, obviously part of the scar would be higher. And if you have a c-sec earlier than term, with a smaller than term uterus, that can cause the incision to be in a different spot when the uterus is full-term the next time - if that makes sense.
But with a normal bikini incision on a full-term uterus, it's going to be down really quite low.
Makes sense that accretia would be more common with previa - the placenta usually attaches higher up on the uterus, whether anterior or posterior, but if it does attach lower down it would be close to the incision/scar (well, depending on what wall it's on).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Those were what I had too! I really wish I knew sooner
Boo. That stinks! Definitely not seeing anything on FSOT here. I'm just not quite sure about spending $23 each for the diapers. I could get them cheaper from the US (I've seen $17-19), but then I have to deal with shipping which often makes it totally not worthwhile. And none that I saw down there had the prints I really like anyways.
I think I have enough spending $$ (we kinda each take an allowance, for personal spending $$, each month, but I haven't been spending all of mine the past few months) to get all of them that I can find here. But I gotta check and see what that leaves me with
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #114
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post

I'm right there with you. I've tried to prompt DH and put myself out there, and he's not really interested in DTD in my current state. I asked if there was a slight fear, and he admitted to it. Like you, going without isn't anything new to us, as a military couple. I end up taking care of myself.
My DH used to get super nervous too, between 1st high risk pregnancy, c-section, 2nd pregnancy, tearing.... I promised him I would stop him if anything hurt or felt off. Then I actually had to once or twice, and now he trusts that between the 2 of us we'll keep each other safe.

Bummer about the diapers! I allow myself one ridiculous splurge per baby so Id do it. It makes me happy and nb diapers resale so easy
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #115
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
My DH used to get super nervous too, between 1st high risk pregnancy, c-section, 2nd pregnancy, tearing.... I promised him I would stop him if anything hurt or felt off. Then I actually had to once or twice, and now he trusts that between the 2 of us we'll keep each other safe.
Luckily I'm not taking it personally. I know it's not an attraction thing, as he loves me being pregnant. Not too much longer, and I have a hard time rolling over these days anyway!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #116
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Bummer about the diapers! I allow myself one ridiculous splurge per baby so Id do it. It makes me happy and nb diapers resale so easy
That's kinda what I'm thinking too. I did get a wrap on FSOT here, but that was only $40, and really worth it - can't wait to use it! And we need very little else - no clothes or anything, just a car seat... which totally doesn't count as a splurge cuz we need it.
I'm thinking... still thinking...
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #117
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I knew you ladies could make me feel better

The pain isn't bad. Or even nightly. It's been like 3x in 2 straight weeks of drinking the tea. Might just be from bad posture or who knows.

But I can imagine anything

Or am I the only borderline hypochondriac? Lol
Old 02-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #118
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

NB diapers are soooo cute, but I'm trying to avoid looking at them. We have plenty of flats and a few fitteds, so we are set. Our big splurge for the baby was a new Bamberoo Wrap Conversion in a custom itty bitty baby size. I had Edit make me one for DD2 but then sold it after DD2 outgrew it, thinking we were done with babies.

IMO car seats don't count as a splurge.

Had a busy day here. DD1 had gymnastics, then food shopping for the week, then a health/safety fair at the fire station where we got to ride on a fire truck around our neighborhood, then a surprise baby shower for me! DD1 had to miss her horseback riding lessons because of the shower, but it was super windy anyway and I think she would have been miserable with the dust blowing in her eyes and mouth.

There were about 20 people there (all from our tiny school district), and we played some fun games, and got some cute and useful things. DH was the only guy but he had to take me there, and we work for the same school district so he knows everyone as well. He played the games too but he was waaaay off on the how big around my belly is game (his yarn was way too long).

We are finally getting somewhere with our insurance company. Hopefully we will know if my OB will be in-network by next week.

Last edited by rverrone11; 02-23-2013 at 09:57 PM.
rverrone11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #119
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
We are finally getting somewhere with our insurance company. Hopefully we will know if my OB will be in-network by next week.
Hope it works out!

AFM: My back is killing me, I totally over did it. Started freaking out about baby being here in 5 1/2 weeks IF I go full term. We moved DD2 into DD1's room on Friday night, going well so far, and moved all her clothes. So I washed and put away all the clothes from newborn to 3-6 months (they're so tiny!!). Changed out the bedding sets in the baby's room, all I need is her curtains. Raised the crib mattress to the highest setting. Pulled out all DD2's bedding and am packing it away to sell it. Started gathering stuff for my hospital bag. Once my nursing jammies get here in a few days and I get some cheapie hospital underwear I'll pack. Ordered a nursing pillow. All that on top of cleaning the kitchen and bathroom, going to a lunchtime birthday party for our 2 nieces, and regular day stuff with a 3 and 2 year old.

Still need to clean out 2 cabinets in the kitchen for final Goodwill trip, clean out the counter in the utility room, wash cradle sheets. Move cradle and swing into the house. Actually pack hospital bag. Get and put up curtains. In about a week or two I'm going to rearrange carseats in the car to add the baby carrier. And get DH a JOB so I can get all his boxes of legal stuff out of the space I want to use in the garage!!!

Anyone else have their nails breaking off left and right??? Mine aren't usually fantastic but I've broken 5 today alone!!

Last edited by mibarra; 02-23-2013 at 10:10 PM.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #120
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Ahhh.. They are so tiny, aren't they?

We held them up to DD and were amazed they used to fit.

Little babies
Maybe this one will stay small longer.