Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #21
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 17th - 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicanashville View Post
My boys have been fighting like crazy! And doing especially naughty things they normally don't do because they know I am not going to come find them...like ripping all the covers off my bed, jumping on it and throwing all the clean clothes my mom had washed on the floor. ugh.

In my extreme boredom I did get one of those little looms things and make this for baby I made a matching cocoon for it too.
Love the hat!

Same thing I said to Meg in regards to your boys' behaviour - they don't like what's happening, don't like having mom at their "beck & call" (not like they normally would anyways ), and they really probably don't understand why this is needed - I mean, you can tell them and explain to them, but they really won't get the importance/severity of it, kwim?
So they're acting out and being defiant because that's what kids do when they feel like something's happening that's out of their control Definitely not that they're bad kids, just normal kids who are reacting to a situation where they feel a lack of control.
to you and Meg, and to all your boys too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Ill try catching up later but I'm back! Had a great trip to the IL's, the kids loved snowshoeing and sledding down the hill Grandpa prepped for them, but its good to be home!!!
They said they'll be back down before the baby comes(they're main house is on the north shore, but they have another about 35 miles from us for the summers when FIL comes to do field work) so they said we can call them if I go in labor during the night and they'll stay with the kids. Which is awesome since my parents are 90 miles away. The hospital is 45 miles from us so I'm sort of worried about causing false alarms because I'm worried about them getting here for the kids, and us getting to the hospital.
Anyhow, glad everyone's still here
So glad you had a good time!
And that's awesome about them being close when baby is due. Don't worry about false alarms - even if it happens, everyone else will be excited and will understand If you wait for a good contraction pattern you should be good to go!

AFM: We're supposed to get up and go back to DH's parents' house for breakfast (brunch, I guess) this morning... DH is gonna have to go shovel the driveway before we can leave though! I think the roads are all right - have to go slow, take our time, but we'll get there.
I really need to get things packed up for DD this morning, too. Her class goes on an overnight field trip to the city tomorrow, leaving at 6:30am, so I want to have her all packed and everything ready to go today instead of needing to grab anything tomorrow morning while trying to get her out of bed!

I really want to get another cocoon and hat set on the go for Hiccup, or even start the cross stitch things I want to do... but I can't find the yarn I want in town, and they didn't have the aida cloth in the right size/color. Argh. I feel all twitchy and useless, sitting here with nothing to make, lol.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 AM   #22
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

That is an adorable hat!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 AM   #23
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
You guys will love the dream i had last night.

Went into labor on march 3rd and had baby at home within a couple hours unassisted. And everything was fine. My mw showed up and i was just getting confortable to start nursing him.......except he was a girl at first. I called him a her and when my mw checked he had a tiny little penis. Lol. Now, i will say my ds1 is quite the length on him compared to other small boys penises, so this is hilarious to me.

So, even though he cme a month early, everything wss fine!! I feel better about my doubts now

Last edited by momneedssupport; 02-18-2013 at 07:49 AM.
momneedssupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #24
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post

Went into labor on march 3rd and had baby at home within a couple hours unassisted. And everything was fine. My mw showed up and i was just getting confortable to start nursing him.......except he was a girl at first. I called him a her and when my mw checked he had a tiny little penis. Lol. Now, i will say my ds1 is quite the length on him compared to other small boys penises, so this is hilarious to me.

So, even though he cme a month early, everything wss fine!! I feel better about my doubts now
What a nice dream! I had terrible nightmares about going to my doc and baby was still breech. Then she said we had to do an emergency c-section or baby's face was going to fuse to the placenta, so I was rushed to the hospital. I woke up from anesthesia in the dream to doctors poking my incision asking if it hurt, then they sent me home with no pain medication and I didn't even realize til later no one even said anything about my baby much less let me see her. So DH and I desperately trying to get back to the hospital and the weather is so nasty our car doors are frozen shut (totally unrealistic for where I live), we never made it back before I woke up. No anxiety here, huh?
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #25
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
No anxiety here, huh?
Hope you can dream all the anxiety out and just be excited.

AFM: We're never getting out of the house!
I mean, we will. But jeez, it's taking forever! Kids have had cereal and are dressed. I've got some stuff packed for DD's trip - charging camera batteries for her now. But DH is still working on the driveway... nearly 2hrs and counting.
I want to go still... but I know DH is going to be grumpy and tired all day... not so much fun to look forward to.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #26
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

Love it!

Hope you can dream all the anxiety out and just be excited.

AFM: We're never getting out of the house!
I mean, we will. But jeez, it's taking forever! Kids have had cereal and are dressed. I've got some stuff packed for DD's trip - charging camera batteries for her now. But DH is still working on the driveway... nearly 2hrs and counting.
I want to go still... but I know DH is going to be grumpy and tired all day... not so much fun to look forward to.
Aww hopefully once you get out the mood will turn around!

Jessica- cute hat!!

Regarding dreams, there must have been something with the moon last night! I had a bizarre pregnancy dream, too. First, I bought a house in Phoenix without seeing any pictures. I only new the price and location... On my way to visit it, a friend of a friend was telling me how she knows plenty to women with placenta previa who naturally heal the problem and have vaginal births. I was having a really angry conversation debating it with her...

Anyways, my DS is upstairs napping with... his DADDY! DH is in the States and here in Illinois visiting for two weeks (After that he goes to AL til baby's birth)! We just got back from the airport and DS would not leave his side.

Last edited by RunawayBunny; 08-08-2015 at 02:41 PM.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #27
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Meg- so sweet!

Afm do not want to jinx it but no dreams going on

My pregnancy hormones are in full gear though. I am a huge huge dog person, I have 3 of them. They are rescues. But lately they Re driving me crazy and I am getting overwhelmed. So today they have been outside all day, which they are fine with b. it is over 60 degrees here. They are happy playing and I feel at peace.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #28
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

yay for spouses being home!!!

and that hat... it's ADORABLE!
I am so jealous of people with skills.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #29
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Awwww, napping with daddy!!!!

Must have arizona on the brain last night!!!! Big life change!!

Its 40ish here so inside all day:/
Old 02-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #30
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Gah! Girls have been looking forward all day to dinner with our close friends. They just cancelled last minute, now the girls are so disappointed. They had a good reason it's just for the kids, they LOVE their "auntie and uncle".
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote